German American School
The German American School of Portland, Oregon, offers a dual language program in German and English for preschool to 5th grade. It is one of the five schools in the United States accredited by the Federal Republic of Germany's Zentralstelle für das Auslandsschulwesen, Federal Office of Administration. 170 students from 25 nations attend school each day. The school offers full day and half day options for preschool, before-school care, extended care, after school programs, and music lessons on site. It is located at 3900 SW Murray Blvd., Beaverton, Oregon.
Preschoolers and kindergartners are introduced to the German language as a part of creative and playful activities, so that they are comfortable with bilingual instruction as they enter the first grade. Classes are also offered for adults. Upon completion of the fifth grade, students are eligible to attend a partner school, Gilkey International Middle School, of the French American International School, which offers German-language instruction in language arts and social studies.
- German language in the United States
- Bonn International School, an Anglo-American school in Bonn formed by the merger of two American schools and one British school
- German American
- "Portland Schools – The German American School of Portland". Archived from the original on 2012-11-13. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "French American International School - Portland: Academics » Gilkey International Middle School (Grades 6 - 8) » Our Partner School". Archived from the original on 2012-04-30. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "Sophie Scholl German Saturday School - Portland, OR". Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "Oregon Considered: Portland Kids Win Big With Soccer Poems". Oregon Public Broadcasting. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- Dominique Fong (2011-05-04). "German American School of Portland opens solar exhibit to community". OregonLive.com. Retrieved 2012-09-12.