Gordon 86, Saskatchewan
Gordon 86 is a Cree First Nation reserve in Saskatchewan, Canada located 61 kilometres (38 mi) northwest of Fort Qu'Appelle. It is one of three territories of the Gordon First Nation, as arranged by the signing of Treaty 4. The reserve has an area of 14,438.3 hectares (35,677.8 acres). It is also known as the George Gordon Reserve.
As of the Canada 2006 Census, Gordon 86 had a population of 866, though the First Nation had a total registered population of 3065 people as of October 2008. According to the First Nation, they estimated 1009–1100 members of the First Nation live on the reserve. It is almost completely surrounded by the rural municipality of Touchwood No. 248.
- Reserve/Settlement/Villages Detail: Reserve Number 06578, Indian and Northern Affairs Canada
- First Nation Detail: Band Number 391, Indian and Northern Affairs Canada
- George Gordon First Nation at Encyclopedia of Saskatchewan
- 2006 Community Profiles: Gordon 86, Saskatchewan (Indian Reserve) at Statistics Canada
- Gordon First Nation official website
|This Saskatchewan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|