Grand Hyatt Shanghai
|Grand Hyatt Shanghai|
The Grand Hyatt Shanghai atrium
|Location||Jin Mao Tower, 88 Century Avenue, Pudong, Shanghai, China, 200121|
|Management||Hyatt Hotels Corporation|
|Number of rooms||548|
The 548-room hotel occupies the 53rd to 87th floors of the 88-story Jin Mao Tower. The hotel was the highest hotel in the world until the Park Hyatt opened in the neighbouring Shanghai World Financial Center. The hotel features a 33-story atrium, one of the highest in the world.
The Hyatt's barrel-vaulted atrium starts at the 56th floor and extends upwards to the 87th. Lined with 28 annular corridors and staircases arrayed in a spiral, it is 27 m in diameter with a clear height of approximately 115 m.
The hotel floors also feature:
- 53/F: The Piano Bar, a jazz club.
- 54/F: The hotel lobby and Grand café, served by an express elevator from the tower's ground floor.
- 55/F: Canton, a high-end Cantonese restaurant that takes up the entire floor.
- 56/F: On Fifty-Six, a collection of restaurants including The Grill, the Italian Cucina, the Japanese Kobachi, and the Patio Lounge, which is located at the base of the atrium.
- 57/F: Club Oasis, a fitness club featuring what was once the world's highest swimming pool.
- 83/F: Grand Club
- 85/F: Highest rooms; this is also a transfer level for the elevators going to the two floors above.
- 86/F: Club Jin Mao, an award-winning Shanghainese restaurant.
- 87/F: Cloud 9, a sky bar with panoramic view. Voted as one of the world's best bars in 2000 by Forbes magazine. Situated on the :87th floor, Cloud 9 entertains its guests with a magician and fortune teller.
|This article about a building or structure in China is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|