Great Ellingham Windmill
|Great Ellingham shown within Norfolk|
|Area||11.14 km2 (4.30 sq mi)|
|Population||1,108 (2001 census)
|• Density||99/km2 (260/sq mi)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
Great Ellingham is a village situated in the Breckland District of Norfolk and covers an area of 1,114 hectares (2,750 acres) with a population of 1108 at the 2001 census, though the district's 2007 estimate suggests that this may have risen to 1165, then decreasing to a measured population of 1,132 in 470 households at the 2011 Census. The village lies 2.5 miles north-west of Attleborough, 2 miles south-east of its sister village of Little Ellingham and 12 miles by road south from Dereham.
Great Ellingham primary school teaches just over 150 pupils up to the age of 11.
The Crown public house, one of six pubs that used to be in the village, was once called The Bell and dates from the mid-18th century.
The village is renowned locally for its annual Teddy Bear Festival, which runs for two weeks in July. Alongside other events, villagers build and display straw bears in their gardens to create a "Teddy Bear Trail". Since the start of the festival in 2004, around £50,000 has been raised for local good causes and charities. 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Great Ellingham.|
- Census population and household counts for unparished urban areas and all parishes[permanent dead link]. Office for National Statistics & Norfolk County Council (2001). Retrieved 20 June 2009.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 5 August 2016.
- Breckland Yearbook Archived 2008-11-21 at the Wayback Machine.
- Norfolk churches
- Great Ellingham Benefice
- School profile
- "Teddy bears come out for the summer sun at Great Ellingham". East Anglian Daily Times. Archant Community Media Ltd. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
- Great Ellingham Teddy Bear Festival. "About the Great Ellingham Teddy Bear Festival". Great Ellingham Teddy Bear Festival. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
|This Norfolk location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|