Hamburg is an unincorporated community in Silver Creek Township, Clark County, Indiana. Parts of Hamburg are within the municipal boundaries of Clarksville and Sellersburg.
Hamburg was laid out in 1837. It was named after Hamburg, in Germany. Hamburg contained a post office from the 1830s until the 1850s.
Hamburg is located at 38°23′00″N 85°46′03″W / 38.38333°N 85.76750°W.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Hamburg, Clark County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- ^ Biographical and Historical Souvenir for the Counties of Clark, Crawford, Harrison, Floyd, Jefferson, Jennings, Scott, and Washington, Indiana. Chicago Printing Company. 1889. p. 25.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 154. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...and named for the city in Germany.
- ^ "Clark County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 30 August 2014.