Jefferson Township, Owen County, Indiana
Location in Owen County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||47.94 sq mi (124.2 km2)|
|• Land||47.8 sq mi (124 km2)|
|• Water||0.13 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.27%|
|Elevation||522 ft (159 m)|
|• Density||23.6/sq mi (9.1/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47427, 47431, 47471|
|GNIS feature ID||453494|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 47.94 square miles (124.2 km2), of which 47.8 square miles (124 km2) (or 99.71%) is land and 0.13 square miles (0.34 km2) (or 0.27%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these six cemeteries: Bush, Fiscus, Little John, Neihart, Shouse and Winters.
Airports and landing strips
- Von Sloughs Airport
- Spencer-Owen Community Schools
- State House District 46
- State Senate District 39
- "Jefferson Township, Owen County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Clay and Owen, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 723.