|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Huaining County (simplified Chinese: 怀宁县; traditional Chinese: 懷寧縣) is a county in Anhui Province, People's Republic of China, under the jurisdiction of Anqing City. It has a population of 790,000 and an area of 1,543 km2 (596 sq mi). The government of Huaining County was originally based in Shipai (石牌镇) Town and moved to its current location in Gaohe Town (高河镇) on Jan. 18th, 2002.
Huaining County has jurisdiction over sixteen towns and seven townships.
- Gaohe (高河镇), Shipai (石牌镇), Yueshan (月山镇), Hongpu (洪铺镇), Chaling (茶岭镇), Jingong (金拱镇), Sanqiao (三桥镇), Huangdun (黄墩镇), Jiangzhen (江镇镇), Xiaoshi (小市镇), (腊树镇), Huanglong (黄龙镇), Songling (公岭镇), Pingshan, Huaining County (平山镇), Mamiao (马庙镇)
- Liangxiang Township (凉亭乡), Xiushan Township (秀山乡), Qinghe Township, Huaining County (清河乡), Leibu Township (雷埠乡), Shijing Township (石镜乡)
Huaining County is noted for its Huangmeixi Opera, one of the sources of Peking Opera.
- Deng Jiaxian (1924–1986) developer of the first Chinese atomic bomb and guided missile.
- Hai Zi (1964–1989) well-known poet.
- Chen Duxiu (1879–1942) a Chinese revolutionary socialist, educator, philosopher, author, and co-founded the Chinese Communist Party.
- 中国, 怀宁县人民政府. "走进怀宁". 中国怀宁政府门户网站. 怀宁县政务信息化管理中心. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
|This Anqing location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|