Hyundai Blue Link
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hyundai Blue Link (also branded as Genesis Connected Services) is a connected vehicle system using embedded telematics to gather vehicle Car Care information such as a Monthly Vehicle Health Report and Automatic Crash Notifications. The system utilizes mobile apps to allow the customer to remotely start, stop, lock or unlock their Hyundai or Genesis. It also has the ability to immobilize the vehicle if carjacked. All of this is tied together with voice recognition. It is now a complimentary standard feature on most Hyundai models for three years, but after the trial period is available only with a paid subscription.
Blue Link functionality varies based on the type of vehicle, as well as the type of radio the vehicle is equipped with. For example, the basic, non touchscreen radios will not offer services such as send-to-car for destination assist, which requires that the vehicle be equipped with the GPS navigation system.
Smartphones can connect to Hyundai Blue Link using Bluetooth technology or a USB cable and an installed Hyundai Blue Link mobile application. Hyundai Blue Link is wirelessly upgradeable, so in-vehicle applications may be upgraded. Hyundai Blue Link is compatible with a wide variety of mobile phones (iOS & Android) with a data plan.
When Blue Link first launched, the connectivity was provided by a joint relationship of Aeris Communications, Inc. and Sprint Corp. On January 21, 2014 Hyundai announced it had selected Verizon Enterprise Solutions with integration provided by Opentext. The Opentext Business Network platform also supports other car manufacturers such as Land Rover/Jaguar, Daimler, Ford, General Motors and Mitsubishi.
- 2018-present Hyundai Kona
- 2015-present Hyundai Tucson (Hyundai ix35)
- 2013-2016 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
- 2013-present Hyundai Santa Fe and Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
- 2013-present Hyundai i30 (Hyundai Elantra GT)
- 2013-present Hyundai i20
- 2013-2016 Hyundai Equus/Centennial
- 2012-present Hyundai Azera/Grandeur
- 2012-present Hyundai Sonata
- 2012-present Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
- 2012-present Hyundai Elantra
- 2018-present Hyundai Accent
- 2012-present Hyundai Veloster
- 2012-present Hyundai i40
- 2019-present Genesis G70
- 2013-2016 Hyundai Genesis [Note 1]
- 2017-present Genesis G80
- 2017-present Genesis G90
- 2018-present Hyundai Palisade
- 2018-present Hyundai Nexo
- 2019-present Hyundai Venue
- 2020-present Hyundai i10
- From 2013-2015, Blue Link 3.0 was branded as "Genesis Intelligent Assistant" on the Hyundai Genesis; which was a functionally identical version of Blue Link with a different user interface. This service also included its own proprietary app for smartphones.