IBM Informix Dynamic Server
Informix Dynamic Server, also known as IDS, is an extensible Relational Database Management System originally developed by Informix Software Inc. (originally Relational Database Systems, Inc). IDS is now part of the IBM Software Group database portfolio.
Current version is 12.10.xC8 released in December 2016.
- Informix Advanced Enterprise Edition
- Enterprise Edition plus Informix Warehouse Accelerator and Informix Storage Optimization (compression)
- Informix Enterprise Edition
- Fully featured.
- Informix Advanced Workgroup Edition
- Workgroup Edition plus Informix Warehouse Accelerator
- Informix Workgroup Edition
- Includes unlimited Enterprise Replication (ER) and up to two High-availability Replication nodes (HDR, RSS, or SDS). This edition is restricted to four CPU sockets with up to sixteen cores and 16GB of server memory.
- Informix Express Edition
- Available on Linux, Windows, and OS X. Limited to four cores and 8GB of server accessed memory. Supports Enterprise Replicate (ER) for two nodes and one HDR or RSS secondary server.
Each edition above is subject to pricing based on a choice of IBM's processor value unit scheme, the number of authorized users or concurrent sessions.
In addition there are two free editions that can be trialed for an unlimited period.
- Informix Developer Edition
- Free for use by a single user, no feature restrictions. Resource limited to a single CPU core and 1GB of server memory. Cannot be deployed in production.
- Informix Innovator-C Edition
- Free for use in production deployment (distribution requires a distributor license). Limited to a CPU socket with up to four cores and 2GB of server memory. All replication strategies are supported.
- "Informix Product Overview". Retrieved 2015-02-08.
- "Compare the Informix Dynamic Server Version 12 Editions". Retrieved 2015-02-08.
- "Informix Dynamic Server Enterprise and Developer Edition V11.1". Retrieved 2008-05-06.
|This database-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|