Scott Township, Sandusky County, Ohio
|Scott Township, Sandusky County, Ohio|
Township border scene in Rollersville
Location of Scott Township, Sandusky County, Ohio.
|• Total||36.4 sq mi (94.2 km2)|
|• Land||36.4 sq mi (94.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||705 ft (215 m)|
|• Density||41.3/sq mi (15.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086917|
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Madison Township - north
- Washington Township - northeast corner
- Jackson Township - east
- Liberty Township, Seneca County - southeast corner
- Jackson Township, Seneca County - south
- Perry Township, Wood County - southwest corner
- Montgomery Township, Wood County - west
- Freedom Township, Wood County - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Scott Township, however, the unincorporated community of Rollersville straddles the northern border with Madison Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Sandusky County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 13 May 2007.
- Everett, Homer (1882). History of Sandusky County, Ohio: With Portraits and Biographies. H. Z. Williams & Bro. p. 817.
- Meek, Basil (1909). Twentieth Century History of Sandusky County, Ohio and Representative Citizens. Whipporwill Publications. p. 340.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.