Jefferson Community College (Watertown, New York)
|President||Ty A. Stone|
90 acres (0.36 km2)
|Colors||Cranberry and white|
|Affiliations||National Junior College Athletic Association, Region III, Mid-State Athletic Conference|
Jefferson Community College (or SUNY Jefferson), a community college in Watertown, New York. Chartered in 1961 and initially accredited in 1969, it is one of the 30 community colleges that make up the State University of New York (SUNY) system.
Over 1400 students were enrolled in the fall of 2011, including full-time and part-time students.
A New York State resident has a tuition of $3,648 per year. For the non-resident it rises to $5,808 per year.
- There are more than 190 scholarships available, including the Jefferson-Can scholarship which will pay the student's first full year of tuition if they graduated in the top 15% of their high school class in Jefferson or Lewis counties
- It is common for students to receive financial aid at this school; about 85% of the students receive some sort of financial aid 
Jefferson offers 14 A.A.S. career curricula, 12 transfer A.A. or A.S. curricula and six certificate programs. Six of these programs are available entirely online.
In the past few years, Suny Jefferson has been able to offer degree programs from other colleges while staying at the JCC campus. This is called the "Higher Education Program". They have joint programs with State University of New York at Potsdam, Keuka College, Empire State College, Upstate Medical University, and Paul Smith's College.
The campus consists of eight permanent buildings:
- The Samuel Guthrie Building
- The John Foster Dulles Building
- The Melvil Dewey Library Building
- The James McVean College Center Building
- The Robert Lansing Administration Building
- The John T. Henderson Child Care Center
- The Jules Center
There are five instructional computer classrooms and one computer resource center. Jefferson offers a baseball diamond, soccer/lacrosse fields, lighted tennis and basketball courts, and a walking/running trail.
Sports and Clubs:
Physical education is a requirement at the school. Sports teams include:
- Soccer (Men's/Women's)
- Basketball (Men's/Women's)
- Volleyball (Women's)
- Golf (Men's/Women's)
- Baseball (Men's)
- Softball (Women's)
- Lacrosse (Men's/Women's)
Clubs are often created to make up for some of the sports that are not teams, such as cheerleading and football.
In addition to the sports that Jefferson Community College provides, the college also has many clubs that students may join. JCC provides clubs for most sports such as :
- Far Out Club (Fitness and Recreation Outing Club)
- Cheerleading Club
- Dance Club
- Ping Pong Club
- Ski Club
- Phi Theta Kappa
Clubs that relate to degrees that are available at JCC include:
- Business Club
- Criminal Justice Club
- Early Childhood Club
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS Club)
- Human Services Club
- "Jefferson Community College College Profile". http://www.petersons.com. Lawrenceville, New Jersey: Peterson's. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-10. External link in
- "Jefferson Quick Facts". Watertown, New York: Jefferson Community College. 2009-09-18. Retrieved 2011-09-10.