February 26, 1974
|Residence||Manhattan, New York City, New York|
|Education||Binghamton University SUNY-Geneseo|
|Occupation||NBC News Anchor and Correspondent, Fitness expert and Personal trainer|
|Notable credit(s)||Weekend Today
news anchor (2012–2014)
Lifestyle and fitness correspondent (2014–2015)
Jenna Wolfe (born Jennifer Wolfeld; February 26, 1974) is a Jamaican American journalist, fitness expert and personal trainer. From 2007–2014 she was a correspondent for NBC's Today, and Sunday co-anchor from (2007-2012) and news anchor for Weekend Today from 2012–2014.
Her final day as news anchor was September 21, 2014.
Early life and education
Wolfe was born in Kingston, Jamaica, and grew up in Pétionville, Haiti. Her father, Bennet Wolfeld, was a Puerto Rican Jew who was born and raised in Puerto Rico. He owned a chain of leather factories in Puerto Rico and moved to Jamaica with his wife when he expanded his operations. Her mother, Sheila Greenfeld, was an American Jew from New Jersey. Wolfe had a religious upbringing and had her bat mitzvah while living in the islands.
She moved from Jamaica to Haiti when she was five. In 1989, her family moved to the United States. Wolfe attended SUNY Geneseo from 1992 to 1994. She graduated from Binghamton University with Bachelor of Arts degrees in French and English in 1996.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (December 2014)|
From 2004 to 2007, she was the weekend morning sports anchor for WABC's Eyewitness News in New York City where she had a special segment called "Jenna's Beef," in which she editorialized an event from the world of sports that week. Prior to that, she worked for the Madison Square Garden Network, WPHL-TV in Philadelphia as the first female sportscaster, WICZ-TV in Binghamton, New York, WUHF-TV in Rochester, New York, and the Today Show as an intern. Aside from her journalistic duties, Wolfe has appeared as a judge on Food Network's Iron Chef America.
- ????-????: WICZ-TV
- ????-????: WUHF-TV
- ????–????: Madison Square Garden Network
- 2004–2007: WABC-TV weekend morning sports anchor
- 2007–present: NBC News
Wolfe speaks English, French and Creole. On March 27, 2013, Wolfe publicly came out as a lesbian and announced that she was expecting her first child with her partner, NBC News Correspondent Stephanie Gosk. Wolfe and Gosk welcomed a girl named Harper Estelle Wolfeld-Gosk on August 21, 2013. Their second daughter, Quinn Lily, was born on February 4, 2015.
- Lewis, Hilary (September 12, 2014). "NBC's Jenna Wolfe Leaving Weekend 'Today' for New Role on Weekday Edition - The Hollywood Reporter". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 6, 2015.
- Jenna Wolfe msnbc.msn.com
- Today Show: "Lester and Jenna trace their Jamaican roots" Aired on September 09, 2012
- Jamaica Observer: "JAMAICAN ON A MISSION: Jenna Wolfe" July 29, 2012
- Irwin, David, "NBC Sunday TODAY Show to Air Feature on Co-host's Return to SUNY Geneseo", SUNY Geneseo Press Release, September 24, 2009
- Jessica Alba, on Jessica Alba: How I Handle the Paparazzi (2012-03-14). "Baby Girl on the Way for Jenna Wolfe and Stephanie Gosk – Moms & Babies – Celebrity Babies and Kids - Moms & Babies - People.com". Celebritybabies.people.com. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- TODAY.com staff (2013-08-22). "Jenna Wolfe, Stephanie Gosk welcome baby girl". TODAY.com. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- Jenna Wolfe's All Day Debut
- "Ch. 2 lifts anchors for new shifts". New York Daily news. June 22, 2007. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- "Former Intern Returns To "Today", On-Air". Mediabistro.com. August 13, 2007. Retrieved 2009-08-09.[dead link]
- Jenna Wolfe Assisting Home Renovators