||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Playboy centerfold appearance|
|Preceded by||Kai Brendlinger|
|Succeeded by||Sally Duberson|
|Playboy Playmate of the Year|
|Preceded by||Donna Michelle|
|Succeeded by||Allison Parks|
August 5, 1945 |
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
|Weight||112 lb (51 kg; 8.0 st)|
Jo Collins (birthname Janet Canoy, born August 5, 1945 in Lebanon, Oregon) is Playboy magazine's Playmate of the Month for December 1964 and Playmate of the Year for 1965. Her original pictorial was photographed by Mario Casilli.
She was nicknamed “G.I. Jo” for her United Service Organizations tours to Vietnam to entertain the troops during the Vietnam War. She first went to Vietnam to deliver a copy of Playboy in person to a lieutenant named Jack Price of the 173rd Airborne Brigade, who had availed himself of an offer from Playboy that anyone making a lifetime subscription to the magazine would receive the first copy from a Playboy Playmate in person.
In December 1979 Jo posed for the "Playmates Forever!" pictorial.
Film and television appearances
- Fireball 500 (1966) .... Leander Fan
- Lord Love a Duck (1966) .... Kitten
- Sergeant Dead Head (1965) .... Gail
- How to Stuff a Wild Bikini (1965) .... Beach Girl
- Ski Party (1965) (uncredited) .... Jo
- Christian G. Appy (2008) Vietnam: The Definitive Oral History Told From All Sides. Ebury Press: 28-30