|Joint Base Pearl Harbor–Hickam|
|Oahu, Hawaii in the United States of America|
|Type||US military Joint Base|
|Owner||Department of Defense|
|Controlled by||Navy Region Hawaii|
|Built||1899 (Pearl Harbor)|
1938 (Hickam Field)
|In use||2010– present (as Joint Base)|
|Captain Mark Sohaney|
|Identifiers||IATA: HNL, ICAO: PHNL, FAA LID: HNL|
|Elevation||3.9 metres (13 ft) AMSL|
|Airfield shared with Daniel K. Inouye International Airport|
Source: Federal Aviation Administration
Joint Base Pearl Harbor–Hickam (JBPHH) (IATA: HNL, ICAO: PHNL, FAA LID: HNL) is a United States military base on the island of Oahu, Hawaii. It is an amalgamation of the United States Air Force's Hickam Air Force Base and the United States Navy's Naval Station Pearl Harbor, which were merged in 2010.
It is part of Navy Region Hawaii and provides Navy and joint operations Base Operating Support that is capabilities-based and integrated.
Pearl Harbor is 8 miles (13 km) from Honolulu. Naval Station Pearl Harbor provides berthing and shore side support to surface ships and submarines, as well as maintenance and training. Pearl Harbor can accommodate the largest ships in the fleet, to include dry dock services, and is now home to over 160 commands. Housing, personnel, and family support are also provided and are an integral part of the shore side activities, which encompasses both permanent and transient personnel.
Because Pearl Harbor is the only intermediate maintenance facility for submarines in the Middle Pacific, it serves as host to a large number of visiting submariners.
The Naval Computer and Telecommunications Area Master Station Pacific, Wahiawa, Hawaii is the world's largest communication station. The headquarters site of this shore command is located in the central section of the island of Oahu, approximately three miles north of Wahiawa.
Hickam Air Force Base
Hickam AFB remains the launch point of strategic air mobility and operational missions in support of the Global War on Terrorism as well as special air missions in support of the Commander, U.S. Pacific Command (USPACOM) and Commander, Pacific Air Forces (PACAF).
Wells access groundwater sources that provide water to the base system, which serves residents of military housing, the Aliamanu Military Reservation, and several elementary schools and day care centers.
United States Pacific Fleet (USPACFLT)
Naval Information Forces (NAVIFOR)
Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP)
Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED)
United States Navy Reserve (USNR)
United States Air Force
Pacific Air Forces (PACAF)
Air Combat Command (ACC)
Air Mobility Command (AMC)
Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC)
Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC)
Air National Guard (ANG)
United States Space Force
United States Army
94th Army Air and Missile Defense Command (94th AAMDC)
8th Theater Sustainment Command (8th TSC)
Regional Health Command-Pacific
US Department of Defense
Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
Air Force One (in air) and its backup on the ground during a 2003 visit by George W. Bush
- Pearl Harbor attack
- Red Hill water crisis
- HABS/HAER documentation of Pearl Harbor Naval Base for a listing of the very extensive documentation of Pearl Harbor Naval Base by the Historic American Buildings Survey and the Historic American Engineering Record
- HABS/HAER documentation of Hickam Air Force Base for a listing of the documentation of Hickam Air Force Base by the Historic American Buildings Survey
- "Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior.
- "Capt. Mark Sohaney assumes command of Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam". stripes.com. June 16, 2022. Retrieved July 15, 2022.
- "Airport Diagram – Daniel K Inouye Intl (HNL) (PHNL)" (PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. June 16, 2021. Retrieved June 16, 2021.
- "Pearl Harbor merging with Hickam Air Force Base". The Associated Press. Retrieved April 28, 2014.
- Twenty-six bases are in the process of being re-aligned into twelve joint bases, with each joint base's installation support being led by the Army, the Navy, or the Air Force. See Joint Base Background (part 4 of the Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam webpage)[permanent dead link] (on Hickam AFB's official website). Retrieved 2010-06-18. To access other parts of the webpage, go to the bottom of the right-hand scroll bar and click on the down arrow (or the "page-down" double arrow). To go to earlier parts of the webpage, click on the up arrow (or the "page-up" double arrow). See Hickam Air Force Base#Internet webpage, for a partial list of the webpage parts that discuss joint basing and BRAC.
- "Global Security". Retrieved April 28, 2014.
- Obamas arrive at Kailua beachfront house - Honolulu Star-Bulletin - December 24, 2009
- Cramer, Maria (December 11, 2021). "In Hawaii, Fears Grow Over Unsafe Levels of Petroleum in Drinking Water". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved December 13, 2021.
- "Submarines | Commander, Submarine Squadron 1 | CSS-1 | COMSUBPAC".
- "Submarines | Commander, Submarine Squadron 7 | CSS-7 | COMSUBPAC".
- https://www.surfpac.navy.mil/Portals/54/Documents/CNSP/CNSP-ADCON-Org-Chart-220705.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- https://pacific.navfac.navy.mil/Portals/72/NAVFAC_PACIFIC/Documents/NAVFAC%20Pacific%20Org%20Chart_Sanitized.pdf?ver=aBwhm7TPwimzrNAyQC-O6w%3d%3d[bare URL PDF]
- "Nctams Pac".
- "NIOC Hawaii".
- "Phnsy & Imf".
- "NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center Pearl Harbor".
- "Navy Medicine > NMRTC Pearl Harbor HI".
- "Surface Warfare Officers School Command: Where We Train - NETC".
- https://www.navyreserve.navy.mil/Portals/35/Graphics/Navy%20Reserve%20Force%20Map%202022.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- "Pacific Air Forces".
- "613th Air Operations Center".
- "15th Wing Units".
- "17th Operational Weather Squadron".
- "70th ISRW Units".
- "515th Air Mobility Operations Wing".
- "735th AMS performs rare en route C-17 engine change".
- "AF Installation & Mission Support Center".
- "94th Army Air and Missile Defense Command". www.army.mil.
- "E komo mai U.S.A.V.; 8th TSC welcomes LSV-3 Gen. Brehon B. Somervell to its fleet".
- "Pacific's harbormaster, watercraft Soldiers ensure readiness, synchronization".
- "Meet the best-trained team of divers in the Army". September 16, 2022.
- "New Army Vessel Arrives in Hawaii".
- "U.S. Army Reserve > Featured > Ambassador Program > Find an Ambassador > Hawaii". www.usar.army.mil.
- "U.S. Indo-Pacific Command > Organization > Organization Chart".
- "K. Mark Takai Pacific Warfighting Center Dedication Ceremony".
- "DLA Indo-Pacific".
- "Pearl Harbor Distribution Center".
- "Pearl Harbor".
- "DISA Pacific Field Office".
- https://www.dpaa.mil/Portals/85/2019%20DPAA%20Org%20Chart-3%20Sep%202019.pdf?ver=cl4EQO-YPunhcJAg-Ybatg%3d%3d[bare URL PDF]
- "Marine Operations Center - Pacific Islands (MOC-PI) | Office of Marine and Aviation Operations".
- "About | Office of Marine and Aviation Operations".
- Mueller, Robert (1989). Active Air Force Bases Within the United States of America on 17 September 1982. USAF Reference Series. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-912799-53-6.
- Rogers, Brian (2005). United States Air Force Unit Designations Since 1978. Hinkley, England: Midland Publications. ISBN 1-85780-197-0.