This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Sociedad Anónima Abierta|
|Industry||Retail (Grocery), Hypermarket, Retail, Clothing, Electronics|
|Founded||Santiago de Chile (1976)|
|Headquarters||Santiago de Chile|
|Products||bakery, dairy, deli, frozen foods, grocery, lottery, meat, pharmacy, produce, seafood, snacks, liquor, clothing and electronics|
The company was founded in 1976 by Chilean retailer Cencosud. Jumbo initially had supermarkets only in Chile, but began to expand into Argentina in 1982, and today, operates 40 hypermarkets in Chile, 16 in Argentina and 80 in Colombia. Sales in 2009 totaled approximately US$1.6 billion in Chile and US$600 million in Argentina.
- Historia (History), Jumbo.co.ar (in Spanish)
- "JUMBO TE DA MÁS | Busca tu Jumbo más cercano". Jumbo.cl. Retrieved 2013-05-31.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-04-07. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- Cencosud. "Jumbo. Supermercado Online". Jumbo. Supermercado Online. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- [dead link]
- "EL 21 DE NOVIEMBRE ABRE SUS PUERTAS UNICENTRO YOPAL". Prensalibrecasanare.com. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-29. Retrieved 2014-02-01.