|Planning Area and HDB Town|
|• Pinyin||Yù Láng Dōng|
|• Hokkien||Jū-lông Tong|
|• Malay||Jurong Timur|
|• Tamil||ஜூரோங் கிழக்கு|
South West CDC
|• Members of Parliament||
West Coast GRC
|• Total||17.83 km2 (6.88 sq mi)|
|• Residential||1.65 km2 (0.64 sq mi)|
|• Density||4,800/km2 (12,000/sq mi)|
Jurong East / / (Chinese: 裕廊东, Tamil: ஜூரோங் கிழக்கு) is a planning area and residential town located in the West Region of Singapore. It borders Jurong West and Boon Lay to the west, Clementi to the east, Tengah and Bukit Batok to the north and Selat Jurong to the south.
- 1 History
- 2 Subzones
- 3 Recreation
- 4 Transport
- 5 Economy
- 6 External links
- 7 References
The development of Jurong started in the 1970s when estates such as Boon Lay, Taman Jurong, Bukit Batok, Bukit Gombak, Hong Kah, Teban Gardens and Yuhua were built, mostly due to the resettlement of Hong Kah (present-day Tengah) and surrounding villages. Yuhua, Teban Gardens, Bukit Batok and Bukit Gombak formed Jurong East.
There are 10 subzones in Jurong East.
- Jurong Port
- Penjuru Crescent
- Jurong River
- Teban Gardens
- Jurong Gateway
- International Business Park
- Toh Guan
- Yuhua East
- Yuhua West
There are 3 Primary schools and 4 Secondary schools in Jurong East.
- Commonwealth Secondary School
- Crest Secondary School
- Fuhua Primary School (which Pandan Primary School merged into)
- Jurong Primary School
- Jurongville Secondary School
- Shuqun Secondary School
- Yuhua Primary School
- Jurong East Sports and Recreation Centre
- Jurong Lake Park
- Pandan Gardens Park Connector
- Jurong Park Connector
- Toh Guan Neighborhood Park
- Pandan Gardens Leisure Park
- Pandan Reservoir Fitness Corner
- Jurong Country Club
- Hong Kah East Neighborhood Park
- Yuhua Village Neighborhood Park
There are 3 tourist attractions in Jurong East:
- Jurong Town Hall Road interconnects the two expressways with Boon Lay, Yuhua, Jurong Regional Centre, International Business Park, Jurong Lake and Teban Gardens.
- Toh Guan is connected to the PIE via Toh Guan Road, while Jurong Canal Road provides an alternative at Boon Lay for traffic to (Tuas) and from (Changi) the PIE.
- From the AYE, arterial roads Jurong Pier Road, Jurong Port Road and Penjuru Road (along with Minor Arterial road Teban Gardens Crescent) carry the traffic to Jurong River, Penjuru Crescent and Jurong Port.
- Boon Lay Way and Jalan Buroh are the two other arterial roads in Jurong East, which provides inter-connectivity across the various subzones in the area.
Mass Rapid Transit
Jurong Lake District
Consisting of Jurong Lake, Jurong Regional Centre, International Business Park and the southern section of Toh Guan, the Jurong Lake District is a prime regional centre serving as an inviting place for commercial development remote from the Central Area, to meet the various demands of business and provide employment opportunities nearer to people staying in the West Region of Singapore.
International Business Park
International Business Park is located opposite of Jurong Gateway, a high-tech business park managed by JTC Corporation.
At Jurong Regional Centre and Toh Guan, there are 5 shopping malls,
The Town Centre of Jurong East is located at Jurong Regional Centre.
|Jurong East Town Centre|
- City Population - statistics, maps and charts | Jurong West
- HDB Key Statistics FY 2014/2015 Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Singapore-KL High Speed Rail targeted to start running by around 2026; journey will take 90 minutes". The Straits Times. July 16, 2016. Retrieved August 15, 2016.
- Singapore Department of Statistics - Planning Areas/Subzones in Singapore (Year 2015) Archived 2015-04-08 at the Wayback Machine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jurong East.|