|Branding||KLEI-TV Channel 6
|Channels||Digital: 25 (UHF)
Virtual: 6 (PSIP)
|Owner||Mauna Kea Broadcasting Company, Inc.|
|First air date||1988|
|Call letters' meaning||Lei, a Hawaiian garland|
|Former callsigns||KVHF (1988–1992)
|Former channel number(s)||Analog:
6 (VHF, 1988–2009)
The Family Channel (U.S. TV network)
|Transmitter power||10.5 kilowatts|
|Height||871 meters (2,858 ft)|
The station went on the air in 1988 as KVHF, and changed its call letters to KLEI on March 9, 1992. The station was at one point affiliated with Ion Television and its predecessors, i and Pax TV, and later with The Family Channel (U.S. TV network).
On October 19, 2012, KLEI was granted statewide "Must Carry" status on the Oceanic Time Warner Cable and Hawaiian Telcom cable services, provided it delivers a good quality signal to the cable television headends.
In late 2017, KLEI became Hawaii's first over-the-air affiliate of Spanish language network Telemundo, filling a void in the market for a Spanish language station that opened up when KHLU-CD (a Univision affiliate) ceased operations in 2016. Shortly after assuming the Telemundo affiliation, KLEI became available on cable on the eastern side of the Big Island for the first time.
|6.1||KLEI main programming / Telemundo|
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook 2005 (PDF). 2005. p. B-45. Retrieved February 2, 2012.
- Nelson, Bob (January 31, 2012). "Call Letter Origins: The List". Oldradio.com. Archived from the original on February 18, 2016. Retrieved February 2, 2012.
- "TV Query Results: KLEI-TV". Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 2014-11-24.
- "Digital TV Market Listing for KLEI-TV". RabbitEars.Info. Retrieved 2014-11-24.
- "Coverage Maps KLEI-TV (25-1) BLCDT-20120424AAT". RabbitEars.Info. 2012-04-24. Retrieved 2014-11-24.
- "Coverage Map Help". RabbitEars.Info. 2011-08-26. Retrieved 2014-11-24.
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved February 2, 2012.
- "The Family Channel - Where to Watch". The Family Channel via Archive.org. The Family Channel, LLC. Archived from the original on 14 June 2016. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- "Order Denying Market Mod. Petition And Granting Must Carry Petitions". http://www.fcc.gov. Federal Communications Commission. 2012-10-19. Retrieved 2013-07-18. External link in
- "Digital TV Market Listing for KLEI-TV". http://rabbitears.info. RabbitEars.info. 2013-07-18. Retrieved 2013-07-18. External link in
- KLEI-TV.com - Official Website
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KLEI
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KLEI-TV
|This article about a television station in Hawaii is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Hawaiʻi-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|