|First Nation - Designated Authority
(Ka'a'gee Tu First Nation)
|Region||South Slave Region|
|Census division||Region 4|
|• Chief||Lloyd Chicot|
|• Council Manager||Ruby Landry|
|• MLA||Michael McLeod|
|• Land||94.80 km2 (36.60 sq mi)|
|• Density||0.5/km2 (1/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|Canadian Postal code||X0E 1G4A|
|- Living cost||132.5B|
Department of Municipal and Community Affairs,
Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre,
Canada Flight Supplement
^A Postal code shared with Hay River
^B 2009 figure based on Edmonton = 100
Kakisa[pronunciation?] (Slavey language: K’agee[pronunciation?]; between the willows) is a "Designated Authority" in the South Slave Region of the Northwest Territories, Canada. The community is located on a lake of the same name, and is southeast of Fort Providence. Originally located at Tathlina Lake, the community moved, in 1962, to the present location in order to be closer to the Mackenzie Highway and is linked by a 13 km (8.1 mi) all weather road.
Population is 45 according to the 2011 Census a decrease of 13.5% from the 2006 Census. The majority of the community reported First Nations status. The main languages in the community are South Slavey and English. In 2012 the Government of the Northwest Territories reported that the population was 54 and that 78.6% spoke an aboriginal language.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police services are provided through Fort Providence and no health services are available. There is a single grocery store, the "River Front Convenience Store-Motel" which serves visitors to the nearby Lady Evelyn Falls. Education, up to Grade 9, is provided by Kakisa Lake School.
- Kakisa, SET Northwest Territories (Census subdivision)
- "NWT Communities - Kakisa". Government of the Northwest Territories: Department of Municipal and Community Affairs. Retrieved 2014-01-29.
- "Northwest Territories Official Community Names and Pronunciation Guide". Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre. Yellowknife: Education, Culture and Employment, Government of the Northwest Territories. Archived from the original on 2016-01-13. Retrieved 2016-01-13.
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 24 July 2014 to 0901Z 18 September 2014
- - Statistical Profile at the GNWT
- Differences in Community Government Structure
- Northwest Territories Bureau of Statistics
- Kakisa Infrastructure Profile
- Dehcho First Nations