9 January 1992 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||199 cm (6 ft 6 in)|
|Weight||110 kg (17 st 5 lb)|
|2016||World All Stars||1||0||0||0||0|
|As of 25 April 2016|
Kane Evans (born 9 January 1992) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer who currently plays for the Sydney Roosters in the National Rugby League. A Fijian international, New South Wales City and World All Stars representative, he plays at prop.
In 2011 and 2012, Evans played for the Roosters' NYC team. At the end of 2011, Evans was named at prop in the 2011 NYC team of the year. In 2012, Evans played for the New South Wales under-20 team and the Junior Kangaroos. In 2013, Evans moved on to the Roosters' New South Wales Cup team, the Newtown Jets. At the end of 2013, Evans was named on the interchange bench in the 2013 New South Wales Cup team of the year and played for Fiji at the World Cup. Evans played 5 matches.
In round 2 of the 2014 NRL season, Evans made his NRL debut for the Sydney Roosters, coming off the interchange bench against the Parramatta Eels in the Roosters 56-4 win at the SFS. On 9 April 2014, Evans extended his contract for a further 3 years, keeping him at the Roosters until the end of the 2017 season. In May 2014 Evans was selected to play for Fiji in the 2014 Pacific Rugby League International against Samoa. Evans played at prop in Fiji’s 16-32 loss at Penrith Stadium. Evans finished the 2014 NRL season having played in 9 matches for the Roosters.
On 31 January and 1 February, Evans played for the Roosters in the 2015 NRL Auckland Nines. On 3 May, he played for New South Wales City against New South Wales Country in the 2015 City vs Country Origin, playing off in the interchange bench in City's 22-34 loss in Wagga Wagga. In round 15, against the St. George Illawarra Dragons, he scored his first NRL career try in the Roosters' 19-14 win at the Sydney Football Stadium. In round 21, against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, he made headlines by producing shoulder charge on Bulldogs forward Sam Kasiano in the Roosters' 38-28 win at the Sydney Football Stadium. Evans finished off the 2015 season having played in 26 matches and scoring 3 tries for the Roosters. On 15 December, he was named on interchange bench for the World All Stars team to play the Indigenous All Stars on 16 February 2016.
On 13 January, Evans was named in the emerging New South Wales Blues squad. On 13 February, he played for the World All Stars against the Indigenous All Stars in the 2016 All Stars match, playing off the interchange bench in his team's 12-8 win at Suncorp Stadium. On 7 May, he played for Fiji against Papua New Guinea in the 2016 Melanesian Cup, where he started at prop in the 24-22 loss at Parramatta Stadium. Evans finished the 2016 NRL season with him playing in 23 matches for the Roosters.
- "Civoniceva ranks Kane Evans in Top 5 rookie props". 26 Rounds. 2013-03-28. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Generation next: time to get excited". Roosters.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- Ferguson, Shawn Dollin and Andrew. "Kane Evans - Career Stats & Summary - Rugby League Project".
- "Evans' representative conundrum".
- https://web.archive.org/web/20130906112457/http://rleague.com/players/kane-evans_3222/Stats/. Archived from the original on 6 September 2013. Retrieved 23 November 2013. Missing or empty
- Evans rises above pack to push claims for top grade smh.com.au, 23 April 2013
- "Junior Kangaroos Packed with NRL Talent". Foxsports.com.au. 2015-01-24. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- 24-man squads for all RLWC2013 nations announced rlwc2013.com, 9 October 2013
- Brad Walter (2014-03-15). "Anthony Minichiello magic inspires Sydney Roosters' rout of Eels". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20150226081924/http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8827686. Archived from the original on 26 February 2015. Retrieved 5 July 2014. Missing or empty
- "Gutsy Samoa Secures Place in Four Nations Tournament Following Win Over Fiji". Dailytelegraph.com.au. 2015-01-24. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "ROOSTERS NAME 2015 NINES SQUAD". Rugby League Week. 2015-01-24. Retrieved 2015-12-26.
- "Representative Round team lists". NRL.com. 2015-04-28. Retrieved 2015-05-03.
- "Country overcome City in seesawing affair". NRL.com. 2015-05-03. Retrieved 2015-12-26.
- "Shaun Keeny Dowall Double Propels His Side to Win Over Gritty St George Illawarra". Foxsports.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-26.
- David Sygall (2015-07-31). "Sam Kasiano flattened by massive Kane Evans hit in Bulldogs v Roosters NRL match". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-26.
- "Roosters v Bulldogs : Michael Jennings Magic the Difference in Epic". Foxsports.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-26.
- "Custom Match List". Rugby League Project. 2015-11-13. Retrieved 2015-12-26.
- "Teams named for NRL All Stars match". NRL.com. 2015-12-15. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "Daley names 2016 Emerging Blues". NRL.com. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- "World All Stars defeat Indigenous All Stars 12-8 at Suncorp Stadium". Dailytelegraph.com.au. 2016-02-13. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "All Stars, trial games team lists". NRL.com. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "Papua New Guinea hold on to upset Fiji in Pacific Test thriller". Dailytelegraph.com.au. 2016-05-07. Retrieved 2016-05-08.
- Adam Pengilly (2016-04-29). "Sydney Roosters prop Kane Evans bucks trend choosing Fiji over City-Country clash". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 2016-05-08.