|Time zone||UTC+8 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||Not observed|
|International dialling code prefix||09-3xx-xxxx|
|Vehicle registration plate prefix||C|
In 1898, it became the capital of Pahang until 1953. During this time, grand colonial buildings, such as the imposing District Offices and the Clifford School, and the Pahang Club were built. The hilltop house of the British Resident is now a hotel and museum.
- Kuala Lipis old town.
- Hilltop house of the British Resident.
- Lipis District old Office.
- Old railway station
- Clifford School.
- Rumah Banjir.
- Pahang club.
- Lipis Zoo.
- Sungai Jelai.
- Kuala Lipis new town.
- Lipis District new Office.
- Muzium Warisan Lipis.
- Hilltop house of Bukit Bius.
- Hutan Lipur Terenggun
- Rumah Rakit
From Kuala Lipis you can go to Kenong Rimba Park, which is about 10 km away. It is a forest reserve, accessible by train or boat. It is a good place for trekking and caving. From the town, you can take a bus or cab for 30 minutes journey to Tanjung Kiara Jetty. From here you can either walk (trekking) for about one and half-hour to base camp or take a 4-wheel drive for only 20 minutes.
Kuala Lipis is accessible by highway , the main route from Kuala Lumpur to Kota Bharu. It is also connected to Jerantut, the main gateway to Taman Negara, via route . Kuala Lipis is also a major gateway to the hill station of Cameron Highlands via Sungai Koyan using routes 235 and then 102.
- Former Prime Minister of Malaysia, Najib Tun Razak was born in Kuala Lipis. On 28 December 2014 Najib Tun Razak visited the flood evacuation centre at the Sekolah Kebangsaan Clifford amidst flood-affected areas.
- TUN Ghazali Shafie was born in Kuala Lipis.
- Malaysian pop diva Siti Nurhaliza was also born here. Her family still lives in Kuala Lipis and the house she built for them became the talk of town as it was rumoured to cost millions of ringgit. It has now become a tourist attraction. The town council even provided directions to the house on a signboard and made parking space for tour buses available near the house. During her wedding in 2007, her wedding reception for friends and fans here was made an official function for the whole town by the council.
- "NAJIB VISITS FLOODED AREAS IN PAHANG, GIVES INSPIRATION TO VICTIMS". Bernama. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- A Malaysian Adventure[permanent dead link] Kuala Lipis – just before the outbreak of the 2nd World War.
- Pyrokumprinx Advanced Media The only known personal site about living in Kuala Lipis. Features recent happenings and news.
- KTM / MRT Line Integrations
- Wargakualalipis.blogspot Blog pelbagai Warga Kuala Lipis