This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Total||3.10 km2 (1.20 sq mi)|
|Elevation||667 m (2,188 ft)|
|• Density||7,100/km2 (18,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Kuppam is a census town in Chittoor district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh located 100 kilometers South-East of Bengaluru and 250 kilometers West of Chennai . It is the mandal headquarters of Kuppam mandal in Madanapalle revenue division.
As of 2011[update] census of India, Kuppam had a population of 21,963. The total population constitute, 11,091 males and 10,872 females —a sex ratio of 980 females per 1000 males. 2,551 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 1,340 are boys and 1,211 are girls. The average literacy rate stands at 83.62% with 16,232 literates, significantly higher than the state average of 67.41%. Telugu is the official and widely spoken language in the town.
Kuppam is known for its granite quarries and a granite variety, Kuppam Green, is named after the town
Kuppam has the presence of Sapa Extrusion India Pvt Ltd. Sapa is the World leader in aluminium extrusions headquartered in Oslo, Norway.
Kuppam is well connected by road and rail. Kuppam is serviced by state corporation APSRTC and bus services run by neighboring state corporations viz. Tamil Nadu Transport Corporation and Karnataka State Transportation. Chennai to Bangalore railway line passes through Kuppam, and is the only railway station in the route in Andhra Pradesh. Kuppam is well connected by train services from Chennai and Bangalore.
- 1989, 1994, 1999, 2004, 2009 and 2014 - N. Chandrababu Naidu (Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh)
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
Kuppam is also a Private Educational hub consists of any private colleges and schools.
Some of the institutions are :
For Medical studies Kuppam has well known PES Institute of Medical science and Research. Hundreds of MBBS, MD students pass out every year.
Degree and PG :
For Degree Kuppam has lot of institutions which are affiliated to sri venkateswara university.
- Kuppam Degree/PG College
- IRM Degree/PG College
- Vikas Degree College
- MFC Degree College
- Dravidian University for PG Studies like M.com, MSC, MA Etc.,
For Polytechnic Kuppam has two colleges mainly
They are :
- Kuppam Polytechnic College
- Dr. YC James Polytechnic College
For Management Studies Kuppam Engineering College Provides different types of MBA
There are Many Number of schools in Kuppam providing quality education.
They are :
- Vijayavani English Medium High School
- Kuppam Public School
- Montfort centenary English Medium High School
- Taylor High School
- Vinayaka High School
- Vignan High School
- Vikas High School
- Vidyanikethan High School
- Narayana High School
- Govt Boys High School
- Girls High School
- R.Pet High School
- A.P. Model High School
- MFC Govt School
- "District Census Handbook - Chittoor" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 19–21, 58. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- "Chittoor District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 503, 520–521. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Literacy of AP (Census 2011)" (PDF). Official Portal of Andhra Pradesh Government. p. 43. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "Sapa Extrusion India Private Ltd". sapagroup.com.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 October 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kuppam.|