|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)|
|• Total||3.10 km2 (1.20 sq mi)|
|Elevation||667 m (2,188 ft)|
|• Density||7,100/km2 (18,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Kuppam had a population of 18,803. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Kuppam has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 75%, and female literacy is 62%. The main language spoken here is Telugu.
Kuppam is known for its granite quarries and a granite variety, Kuppam Green, is named after the town
Kuppam has the presence of Sapa Extrusion India Pvt Ltd. Sapa is the World leader in aluminium extrusions headquartered in Oslo, Norway.
Kuppam is well connected by road and rail. Kuppam is serviced by state corporation APSRTC and bus services run by neighboring state corporations viz. Tamil Nadu Transport Corporation and Karnataka State Transportation. Chennai to Bangalore railway line passes through Kuppam. Kuppam is well connected by train services from Chennai and Bangalore.
Kuppam is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. There are 1,61,872 registered voters in Kuppam constituency as of 1999. The following are the elected members from Kuppam over the years.
- 1970 - D.Vekatesham
- 1978 - B.R.Doraswamy Naidu
- 1983 and 1985 - N. Rangaswamy Naidu
- 1989, 1994, 1999, 2004, 2009 and 2014 - N. Chandrababu Naidu (Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh)
- "District Census Handbook - Chittoor" (PDF). Census of India. p. 19–21,58. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- "Chittoor District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 503,520–521. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Sapa Extrusion India Private Ltd". sapagroup.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kuppam.|