|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Total||3.10 km2 (1.20 sq mi)|
|Elevation||667 m (2,188 ft)|
|• Density||7,100/km2 (18,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||KA–03, KA-05|
As of 2011[update] census of India, Kuppam had a population of 21,963. The total population constitute, 11,091 males and 10,872 females —a sex ratio of 980 females per 1000 males. 2,551 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 1,340 are boys and 1,211 are girls. The average literacy rate stands at 83.62% with 16,232 literates, significantly higher than the state average of 67.41%. Telugu is the official and widely spoken language in the town.
Kuppam is known for its granite quarries and a granite variety, Kuppam Green, is named after the town
Kuppam has the presence of Sapa Extrusion India Pvt Ltd. Sapa is the World leader in aluminium extrusions headquartered in Oslo, Norway.
Kuppam is well connected by road and rail. Kuppam is serviced by state corporation APSRTC and bus services run by neighboring state corporations viz. Tamil Nadu Transport Corporation and Karnataka State Transportation. Chennai to Bangalore railway line passes through Kuppam. Kuppam is well connected by train services from Chennai and Bangalore.
Kuppam is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. There are 1,61,872 registered voters in Kuppam constituency as of 1999. The following are the elected members from Kuppam over the years.
- 1989, 1994, 1999, 2004, 2009 and 2014 - N. Chandrababu Naidu (Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh)
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "District Census Handbook - Chittoor" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 19–21, 58. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- "Chittoor District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 503, 520–521. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Literacy of AP (Census 2011)" (PDF). Official Portal of Andhra Pradesh Government. p. 43. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- ORGI. "Census of India Website : Office of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India". www.censusindia.gov.in. Archived from the original on 2007-05-14. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "Sapa Extrusion India Private Ltd". sapagroup.com.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 October 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kuppam.|