|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||KL -04/KL-32|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Alappuzha|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Aroor|
The local market on both sides of the river was a major commercial hub around the locality. Even now the market exists with few wholesale traders selling vegetables,provisions.The Kuthiathode river connects the vembanad lake with the Tazappu backwaters on the western side.
The Panchayat has a Gandhi memorial inside its office dedicated to Mahathma Gandhi who visited this place during the Pre-Independence period .The Panchayat office has library and a community hall.The Range Excise office is next to the Panchayat building.The Kuthiathode village office,Krishi Bhavan,Govt. Veterinary Clinic and a Sub-treasury also functions in Kuthiathode. The BSNL telephone exchange functions near the Kuthiathode Jamat mosque.
The landscape of paddy fields on both sides of the Pallithode-Chavady road is really splendid. One can enjoy the evening panoramic view of Chinese fishing nets across the Pallithode backwaters from the Pallithode bridge.A small backwater lake at Tazzupu connects Kuthiathode with Valiathode.During Onam boat racing is held in Tazzupu backwaters and attracts many seasonal tourists.
Kuthiathode, Vallethode, Parayakad, Nallukulanagara, Pallithode, Chapakadavu, Tirumalabhagom, Tazappu, Thuravoor North, and Valamangalam North are the local areas covered under the Panchayat. The vast agricultural lands on the western side or the Thuravoor Kari where large scale paddy cultivation and shrimp farming is done annually and serves as the seasonal livelihood for many of them .
The population consists of Ezhavas, Nairs, Nampoothiris, Tulu Brahmins, Vermas, Tamil Brahmins,Goldsmiths, Viswakarmas, Gouda Saraswat Brahmins, Pulayas,Parayas, Kudumbis, Muslims and Christians living harmoniously.A large number of Shrimp Peeling Sheds operating in this panchayat provides large scale employment.
The village is well connected to the nearest towns by NH-47, Thuravoor-Ezhupunna road and the Pallithode-Chellanam-Kochi beach road. The Alapuzha-Ernakulam Railway has a crossing station at Thuravoor.
- Chammanadu Devi Temple
- Pattukulangara Devi Temple
- Amedathu kavu Devi temple
- Kuthiathode Vilanjoor Mahadeva Temple
- Chethikkatu Badrakalii kshethram, Kodamthuruth
- Kodamthuruthu Sreekrishna Temple (surya narayanapuram temple)
- Nalukulangara Devi Temple
- Nalikattu Subramanian Temple
- Kuthiathode Dharma Sastha temple
- Purantheraswaram Siva temple
- Thirumala Devasom - Sree Lakshmi Narasimha Temple
- Thirumala Devasom - Arthikulangara Devi Temple
- Thuravoor Thirumala Bhagom Sree Mahadeva Temple
- Pallithode Helapuram Devi Temple
- Pallithode Sree Krishnaswamy Temple
- Changaram Bhuvaneswari Temple, Vallethode
- Rahmathul Islam Masjid near KP Junction
- Ponnpuram Jamat Masjid- Chavady
- Masjid-Ul-Ansar - Near North Railway cross
- Salafi Masjid,Near Petrol Pump
- Masjid near NCC junction
- Kuthiathode Juma Masjid & Darul Uloom Madrasa
- Kodamthuruthu Fathima Matha Church (vikar-Fr.Andrews )
- St. Joseph Church, Kuthiathode
- St. Sebastein Church,Nalukulangara
- St. Monicas Church, Mariapuram, Near Railway station
- Steel and Heavy Industries Kerala Ltd. (SILK)
- Higasimaru Feeds
- veepack industries pvt ltd,kodamthuruth
- Govt. Primary School - Parayakadu
- TD Higher Secondary School
- SPRING OF ARTS ACADEMY
- Changaram Govt. UP School, Vallethode.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kuthiathode.|
- "Census of India:Villages with population 5000 & above". Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 2008-12-10.[dead link]