|Founder||Robert B. Barr, Jim Lawson|
|Headquarters||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Products||Mergers & Acquisitions, Fairness opinions, Restructuring advisory, Joint Ventures & Partnering|
Number of employees
Lincoln International is an independent investment bank specializing in advisory services and financings for middle-market companies. The firm provides a variety of advisory services including mergers & acquisitions, fairness opinions, debt, restructuring advisory and Joint Ventures & Partnering. The firm completed more than 165 advisory assignments globally in 2015.
The firm, which is based in Chicago, Illinois, was founded in 1996. The company operates additional offices in Beijing, New York, Dallas, Frankfurt, Paris, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Mumbai, São Paulo, Tokyo, Vienna and Zurich, with strategic partnerships with firms in China and South Korea.
The firm was founded by Robert B. Barr and Jim Lawson as a boutique investment banking firm, Lincoln Partners, in 1996. The two co-founders of Lincoln Partners had worked together from 1981 through 1990 in the Mergers and Acquisitions Department of Paine Webber. In 1990, they left Paine Webber to start up the Chicago office of Peers & Co. where they remained for six years. The firm was named after the 16th President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln.
Through the late 1990s, Lincoln Partners grew to an organization of approximately 30 people and became a registered broker dealer.
In January 2006, Lincoln International was formed through the merger of Lincoln Partners and Peters Associates, two middle market investment banks based in the U.S. and Germany respectively. At the time of the merger, Lincoln International had offices in Chicago, Frankfurt, New York and Paris. The firms had previously worked together through a strategic joint venture established in 2005 as Lincoln Partners was seeking a partner to expand beyond the US.
Lincoln International was built upon providing advisory services to leading industrial companies. They have over 180 completed advisory assignments within the industrial space in the past five years.
- Lincoln Partners joins with German, French entities. Crain's Chicago Business, Jan. 10, 2006
- Lincoln Partners teams up with firm. Crain's Chicago Business, March 21, 2005
- Mid-cap banks team with pen pals overseas. Crain's Chicago Business, August 29, 2005
- Lincoln International Focuses On U.K. PE. Investment Dealers Digest, May 15, 2009
- While Others Shrunk,. Lincoln International Grew. Reuters Buyouts
- Lincoln International Turns to Health Care. IDD Magazine, January 19, 2010
- Day in the Life: Lincoln Partners. Monroe Street Journal (Stephen M. Ross School of Business) Feb 10, 2003
- Lincoln International (company website)