SBI Capital Markets
|Services||Financial Advisory and Investment Banking|
|Parent||State Bank of India|
SBI Capital Markets (SBICAPS) is a wholly owned investment banking subsidiary of State Bank of India (SBI). Headquartered in Mumbai, SBICAP has 5 regional offices across India (Ahmedabad, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata and New Delhi), 2 branch offices (Pune and Guwahati) and 5 subsidiaries - SBICAP Securities Limited, SBICAP Trustee Company Limited, SBICAP Ventures Limited, SBICAP (UK) Limited and SBICAP (Singapore) Limited.
SBICAP also offers services in the areas of Equity Broking & Research,Security Agency & Debenture Trusteeship and Private Equity Investment & Asset Management through its wholly owned subsidiaries SBICAP Securities Limited, SBICAP Trustee Co. Ltd and SBICAP Ventures Limited, respectively.
SBICAPS was established in August 1986.
In January 2006 SBICAP and the international investment banking group CLSA announced a two-year partnership to work on large joint deals in equity capital and mergers & acquisitions. In September 2006 SBI Caps announced that it had set up a $100 million venture fund in partnership with the venture capital division of SBI Holdings of Japan.
In October 2006 R Sridharan was appointed managing director and CEO of SBI Capital.
In July 2009 SBICAPS announced that S. Vishvanathan had replaced A.P. Verma as MD & CEO. Vishvanathan had joined SBI in 1976, had helped set up SBI's New York branch, and had been chief general manager of SBI's North Eastern operations.
Air India ran into serious financial difficulties, and in July 2009 SBICAPS was asked by Civil aviation minister Praful Patel to prepare a road map to bring the carrier back into profitability. SBI Capital was appointed the mandated firm to restructure Kingfisher Airlines loans during the Kingfisher Airlines financial crisis, starting in 2010. In February 2012 SBSCAP and other bank lenders were insisting that commissions paid to promoters be reversed before they would consider providing further funding to the still-troubled airline.
This section does not cite any sources. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Ranked No.1 MLA with 7.2% market share (US$20,287M) in the Dealogic Global Project Finance League Loans rankings 2014
- No.1 MLA of Global PFI/PPP Project Finance Loans with market share of 6.7% (US$3,081M)
- No.1 Financial Adviser (28.0% market share) in the Asia Pacific Project Finance Financial Adviser Ranking
- No.1 MLA Asia Pacific Project Finance Loans (19.6% market share)
- No.1 Asian Project Finance Loans with 28.9% market share (US$19,141M)
- In the Global Top 15 deals, Tata Steel Odisha ranked 7th, the only Indian deal to feature in the list.
Bloomberg League Tables
- No.1 Mandated Lead Arranger in Asia-Pac Ex-Japan Loans League Tables 2014, with market share of 8.4% (US$43,857M)
- No.1 Book Runner Asia-Pac ex-Japan Loans - market share 12.5% (Volume US$40,259M)
- In the Asia Pacific Ex -Japan Top Ten Deals, TATA STEEL ODISHA LTD ranked 5th in the list.
- In the India Loans MLA Tables, SBI tops the list with market share of 57.3% (US$43,668M)
- No.1 India Loans Mandated Arranger (INR)- Markets Share 75.5% (Rs.2151bn)
- Ranked No. 1 Mandated Arrangers Asia Pacific & Japan with market share of 7.9%
- No.1 Book Runner Asia Pacific & Japan with market share of 14.6%
- Ranked No. 1 in terms of total number of issues including IPO, FPO, RIghts Issues, OFS, QIP and IPP for FY 2017 & FY 2018.
- Ranked No. 2 in terms of total number of issues including IPO, FPO, Rights Issues, OFS, QIP and IPP for FY 2018
- "LEADERSHIP - Key Personnel". SBI Caps. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "About Us". SBI Capital Markets. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "SBI Capital Markets Limited". IndiaMart. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "SBI Capital Markets and CLSA enter Investment Banking Alliance". CLSA. 19 January 2006. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "SBI Capital Markets launches new funds". IIPM. 12 September 2006. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "Sridharan assumes charge as SBI Capital Markets CEO". OneIndia. 16 October 2006. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "SBI Capital Markets Appoints S Vishvanathan As MD & CEO". VCCircle. 22 July 2009. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "SBI Caps prepares roadmap for Air India restructuring". DNA. 22 July 2009. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "SBI asks Kingfisher Airlines to reverse about Rs 100 crore paid to Vijay Mallya and UB Holdings". The Economic Times. 18 February 2012. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
[[Category:Financial services companies based in Mumb