Lincoln family tree
||This article is incomplete. (January 2012)|
|This article is part of a series about
President of the United States
Assassination and legacy
The Lincoln descended family comprises all the descendants of Abraham Lincoln and Mary Todd Lincoln. There are ten known descendants of Lincoln. The family line is believed to have been extinct since its last undisputed descendant, Robert Todd Lincoln Beckwith, died on December 24, 1985 without any children.[nb 1] It is rumored that there may be additional living descendants, but scholars disagree as to the legitimacy of these claims. However, the Lincoln family does have other surviving relatives who share common ancestors with the former president.
- Mordecai Lincoln (1771–1830) - President Lincoln's uncle on his father's side (saved Lincoln's father's life)
- Sarah Bush Lincoln (1788–1869) - President Lincoln's stepmother since he was 10, lived throughout his life
- Mary Lincoln Crume (1775–1832) - President Lincoln's aunt on his father's side
- John Hanks (1802–1889) - President Lincoln's mother's cousin, lived with Lincoln's family for four years
- Joseph Hanks (1725–1793) - President Lincoln's great-grandfather
- Samuel Lincoln (1622?–1690) - President Lincoln's great-great-great grandfather
- Nancy Hanks Lincoln heritage
- Robert's second wife did have a son, named Timothy Lincoln Beckwith, and listed Robert as the father, which would make Timothy Abraham Lincoln's great-great-grandson and only living descendant. Robert denied paternity of the child, claimed he'd had a vasectomy years earlier, and a divorce court ruled that Robert was not the father.
- Lincoln family tree. Lincoln Presenters.
- Frank L. Grzyb. Hidden History of Rhode Island and the Civil War. The History Press; 1 January 2013. ISBN 978-1-62619-231-7. p. 17.
- Thomas Lincoln, Jr., Abraham Lincoln's, younger brother was born in 1812 at Knob Creek Farm in Kentucky and died 3 days later, having contracted an unknown sickness. Treated by Doctor Daniel B. Potter of Elizabethtown, the baby did not survive despite his efforts to save the child.