August 19, 1985 |
Danbury, Connecticut, U.S.
At the 2003 Winter X Games, Jacobellis wins bronze in slopestyle.
During the gold medal final of the Snowboard Cross at the 2006 Winter Olympics on February 17, 2006, Jacobellis was approaching the end of the course with a 43-meter (140 ft), three-second lead over Tanja Frieden of Switzerland. On the second to last jump Jacobellis attempted a method grab, landed on the edge of her snowboard, and fell. Frieden passed her to win the gold; Jacobellis recovered and settled for silver. In televised interviews, Jacobellis initially claimed the grab was meant to maintain stability, but later admitted that it was unnecessary showboating that cost her the gold. She said, "Snowboarding is fun; I was having fun."
At the 2007 Winter X Games, Jacobellis lost the lead in a fall near the finish line in snowboardcross.
Jacobellis failed to progress to the medal round of Snowboard Cross at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, as, early in her semifinal race, she landed badly during a jump, and to avoid a collision with another rider went through a gate, resulting in an automatic disqualification. She then slid off the course. She ended up 5th in the standings.
Jacobellis failed to progress to the medal round of Snowboard Cross at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. She was leading the semi final race when she crashed. She finished in 7th place in the overall standings.
At the 2015 World Championship, Jacobellis won gold in the Snowboard Cross.
- Aimee Berg (28 March 2013). "Where Have You Gone, Lindsey Jacobellis?". Team USA.
- "Jacobellis loses shot at gold with stumble". Associated Press (MSNBC). 17 February 2006. Retrieved 29 December 2009.
- Sally Jenkins (18 February 2006). "Jacobellis Biffs It". Washington Post.
- John Branch (16 February 2010). "Redemption, but Not for Jacobellis". New York Times.
- Devon O'Neil (11 January 2011). "Jacobellis four-peats in Snowboarder X". ESPN.
- John Branch (16 February 2014). "Lindsey Jacobellis Again Comes Up Short in Snowboard Cross". New York Times.
- Official website: http://lindseyjacobellis.com/
- Twitter feed: @LindsJacobellis
- Instragram stream: lindseyjacobellis
- Lindsey Jacobellis at the International Ski Federation
- NBC Olympics Lindsey JacobEllis profile
- ESPN XGames Lindsey Jacobellis
- Lindsey Jacobellis at the Internet Movie Database
- Sochi 2014: Lindsey Jacobellis profile