List of strawberry topics
This is a list of topics about the strawberry. The strawberry is a widely grown hybrid species of the genus Fragaria (collectively known as the strawberries). It is cultivated worldwide for its fruit. The fruit (which is not a botanical berry, but an aggregate accessory fruit) is widely appreciated for its characteristic aroma, bright red color, juicy texture, and sweetness.
- Driscoll's – a privately held company that sells fresh strawberries and berries
- Wish Farms – the largest producer and shipper of strawberries in Florida
Dishes and foods
- Bubu Lubu
- Fraise Tagada
- Strawberry cake
- Strawberry Delight
- Strawberry ice cream
- Strawberry jam
- Strawberry pie
- Strawberry rhubarb pie
- Strawberry shortcake
- Bloodhound (cocktail) – a bright red strawberry cocktail made with gin, vermouth and strawberry coulis
- Fruli – a strawberry Belgian fruit beer, produced at a craft brewery near Ghent, Belgium
- XUXU – a liqueur produced in Germany which derives its flavor from the strawberry fruit. It also has a small amount of lime juice.
- Florida Strawberry Festival – an annual event that takes place in Plant City, Florida
- National Strawberry Festival – occurs over three days in Belleville, Michigan
- Strawberry Fair – a local festival of music, entertainments, arts and crafts. which has been held in Cambridge, England, since 1974
- Ethyl methylphenylglycidate – an organic compound used in the flavor industry in artificial fruit flavors, in particular strawberry.
- California Strawberry Commission – state-chartered agency of the California Department of Food and Agriculture
- Breeding of strawberries
- List of strawberry diseases
- List of strawberry cultivars
- Little Scarlet – according to Wilkin & Sons Limited, it is a Fragaria virginiana strawberry. It is American by origin but is grown only in Britain.
- Marshall strawberry – a cultivated variety of Fragaria ananassa, that is known for "exceptional taste and firmness" and had been described as "the finest eating strawberry" in America.
- Pineberry – a strawberry cultivar with a pineapple-like flavor, white coloring, and red seeds.
- Strasberry – or Fragaria × ananassa 'Mieze Schindler' is a variety of the garden strawberry, with a raspberry-like appearance, originally developed by the German breeder Otto Schindler in 1925.
- Fragaria × ananassa
- Fragaria × bringhurstii
- Fragaria cascadensis
- Fragaria chiloensis
- Fragaria × Comarum hybrids
- Fragaria daltoniana
- Fragaria iinumae
- Fragaria iturupensis
- Fragaria moschata
- Fragaria moupinensis
- Musk strawberry
- Fragaria nilgerrensis
- Fragaria nipponica
- Fragaria nubicola
- Fragaria orientalis
- Fragaria pentaphylla
- Fragaria vesca
- Fragaria × vescana
- Virginia strawberry
- Fragaria virginiana
- Fragaria viridis
- Fragaria yezoensis
- FFVA - Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association|Member Profile - Wishnatzki Farms
- David J. Rowe (2005). Chemistry and technology of flavors and fragrances. ISBN 0-8493-2372-X.
- "Marshall strawberry: The Forgotten Flavor", Slow Food USA.org
- Oregon Strawberry Commission Archived 2007-07-21 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Pineberries, the strawberry that tastes like a pineapple". Vital Berry. 2010-03-31. Retrieved 2011-02-10.
Originally strawberries were white in South America and red in North America ... Pineberries were saved from extinction by breeders working exclusively with VitalBerry BV when the original source material was discovered in Southern Europe. The breeders used this source material to cross it with an existing variety to improve the original pineberry. ...
- G.M. Darrow, The Strawberry: History, Breeding and Physiology. Online version, chapter 8. Archived 2006-03-02 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Fragaria daltoniana". Germplasm Resources Information Network (GRIN). Agricultural Research Service (ARS), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Retrieved 24 December 2017.
- Photo of F. daltoniana
|Wikibooks has a book on the topic of: Horticulture/Fragaria|