|Born||September 10, 1941|
|Died||September 8, 2019 (aged 77)|
|Children||4 (including Zoren, Kier, Brando, Jupiter)|
Lito Legaspi (10 September 1941 – 8 September 2019) was a Filipino actor both in movies and television in the Philippines. He was the father of actors Zoren Legaspi, Kier Legaspi, and Brando Legaspi. He won Gawad Urian Award for Best Supporting Actor in Sinong Kapiling? Sinong Kasiping? (1977). He is probably best known for playing former Mayor of Davao City and later President of the Philippines Rodrigo Duterte in 1992 film Pugoy Hostage: Davao 
Legaspi appeared in 1959 comedy film Ipinagbili Kami Ng Aming Tatay, starring Dolphy. In 1963, Sampaguita Pictures introduced Legaspi together with teenage stars such as Rosemarie Sonora, Gina Pareno, Dindo Fernando, Pepito Rodriguez, Romeo Rivera and Bert Leroy, Jr., among others. He became a matinee idol like Eddie Gutierrez, Jose Mari Gonzales, Romeo Vasquez, Greg Martin and Juancho Gutierrez. He played an impotent husband in the movie Uhaw (1970) with Merle Fernandez and Tito Galla, directed by Ruben Abalos.
As a veteran actor, he appeared in more than 120 movies and television shows since 1959.
He was inducted to the Eastwood City Walk Of Fame Philippines in December 2014 for his contribution in movie acting and also TV acting.
Lito has 3 children, Zoren, Brandon and Kier, who are also perspective movie actors. His daughter-in-law (Zoren's wife), Carmina Villaruel-Legaspi is an actress and TV host. His grandchildren, fraternal twins Maverick and Cassandra (children of Zoren and Carmina) and Dani Barreto (daughter of Kier and actress Marjorie Barreto) are in show business as well.
Health and death
On September 6, 2019, Legaspi was rushed to the Cardinal Santos Memorial Medical Center after suffering from chest pains. He later succumbed to cardiac arrest and was pronounced dead at around 10:00 AM on September 8, 2019, two days before his 78th birthday.
|2018||My Special Tatay||Simon Villaroman||GMA Network|
|2017||Haplos||Eduardo "Lolo Doods" Dizon|
|FPJ's Ang Probinsyano||Jonathan Wu||ABS-CBN|
|2016||Ika-6 na Utos||Allan||GMA Network|
|Princess in the Palace||Manuel Gonzaga|
|2015||MariMar||Don Fernando Aldama|
|2013||Jim Fernandez's Galema, Anak Ni Zuma||Agustin Carriedo||ABS-CBN|
|Bukas Na Lang Kita Mamahalin||Melchor Antonio|
|Genesis||Manuel Macalintal||GMA Network|
|2012||Isang Dakot Na Luha||Mr. Vergara||TV5|
|Makapiling Kang Muli||Governor||GMA Network|
|The Good Daughter||Miguel Guevarra|
|2011||Mula Sa Puso||Luis Vergara||ABS-CBN|
|2010||Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Kristine||Don Leon Fortalejo|
|I Love Betty La Fea||Virgilio Arellano|
|2008||Eva Fonda||Toshiro Fonda|
|Komiks Presents: Dragonna||Recurring Role|
|2004||Hiram||Don Felipe Verdadero|
|1999||Tabing Ilog||Francisco Ledesma|
|1997||Esperanza||Mayor Joaquin Montejo|
|1987||Agila||Recurring Role||RPN & ABS-CBN|
|2012||Every Breath U Take||Leo's Dad||Star Cinema|
|2011||Catch Me, I'm in Love||Mr. Morales||Star Cinema|
|1999||Esperanza: The Movie||Mayor Joaquin Montejo||Star Cinema|
|1998||Dahil Mahal Na Mahal Kita||Ryan's Father||Star Cinema|
|1997||Paano Ang Puso Ko?||Cesar||Star Cinema|
|1996||SPO4 Santiago: Sharpshooter||Col. Deogracias De Bayan|
|1995||Markang Bungo 2: Iligpit Si Bobby Ortega||Col. Ordoñez||Viva Films|
|1995||Judge Max Asuncion: Hukom Bitay||Col. Orlando Aberilla||Viva Films|
|1994||Iukit Mo Sa Bala||Congressman Valdez||Star Cinema and RRJ Productions Inc.|
|1992||Pugoy Hostage: Davao||Mayor Rodrigo Duterte||First Films|
|1992||Kapatid Ko Si Hudas||Don Ramon Cordova|
|1991||Alyas Dodong Scarface||Seiko Films|
|1991||Kung Patatawarin Ka Ng Bala Ko||Roman||Mega Films|
|1991||Markang Bungo: The Bobby Ortega Story||Col. Ordoñez||Bonanza Films|
|1990||Alyas Baby Face||Seiko Films|
|1990||Alyas Baby Face|
|1977||Banta Ng Kahapon|
|1977||Sinong Kapiling? Sinong Kasiping?|
|1976||Escolta; Mayo 13; Biyernes Ng Hapon!|
|1963||Ang Class Reunion||Joselito Moran|
|1961||Joey, Eddie, Lito||Lito|
- "Veteran actor Lito Legaspi passes away". GMA News Online. September 8, 2019. Retrieved September 8, 2019. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "There's Actually A Movie About The 1989 Davao Hostage Crisis". Fhm.com.ph. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- [dead link]
- . PEP. September 8, 2019 https://www.pep.ph/news/local/145922/veteran-actor-lito-legaspi-passes-away-due-to-cardiac-arrest-a734-20190908. Retrieved September 8, 2019. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
|publisher=(help); Missing or empty
- "Lito Legaspi Pics – Lito Legaspi Photo Gallery – 2015 – Magazine Pictorials. Movie Stills. Event Photos. Red Carpet Pictures". Allstarpics.net. 1975-06-04. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- "Lito Legaspi : Awards". IMDb.com. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Ipinagbili kami ng aming tatay (1959) : Full Cast & Crew". IMDb.com. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Tony Marzan, rugged actor". Philstar.com. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "Video 48: SAMPAGUITA-VP ALL-STARS: THE BARKADA YOUTH OF THE 60s". Video48.blogspot.com. 2007-12-18. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- [dead link]
- "Lito Legaspi". Archived from the original on May 8, 2008. Retrieved February 4, 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Lito Legaspi". IMDb. Retrieved 22 February 2015.