Little Rock Township, Kendall County, Illinois
|Little Rock Township|
Location in Kendall County
Kendall County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||35.46 sq mi (91.8 km2)|
|• Land||35.25 sq mi (91.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.21 sq mi (0.5 km2) 0.59%|
|Elevation||663 ft (202 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||13,724|
|• Density||371/sq mi (143/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0429266|
Little Rock Township occupies the 6-mile (9.7 km) square (with the southeast corner nipped off by the Fox River) in Kendall County, Illinois. As of the 2010 census, its population was 13,076 and it contained 4,723 housing units. Little Rock is named after Little Rock Creek, which flows through the township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.46 square miles (91.8 km2), of which 35.25 square miles (91.3 km2) (or 99.41%) is land and 0.21 square miles (0.54 km2) (or 0.59%) is water.
U.S. Route 34 runs east to west through the township.
Cities and towns
The township is governed by an elected Town Board of a Supervisor and four Trustees. The Township also has an elected Assessor, Clerk, and Highway Commissioner.
- "Little Rock Township, Kendall County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- Illinois Regional Archives Depository System. "Name Index to Illinois Local Governments". Illinois State Archives. Illinois Secretary of State.
|This Kendall County, Illinois location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|