Los Angeles Dodgers Radio Network
The Los Angeles Dodgers Radio Network is a network of 26 radio stations that air Major League Baseball games of the Los Angeles Dodgers. As of June 2012[update], 20 stations broadcast games in English, while another six broadcast them in Spanish. In 2013, Korean broadcasts were added, making it the only tri-lingual network in Major League Baseball.
English-language radio broadcasts are handled by Charley Steiner on play-by-play and Rick Monday on color commentary. Until his 2016 retirement, Vin Scully's television play-by-play for SportsNet LA (previously Prime Ticket) was simulcast during the first three innings of games that he called (primarily home games, and away games in California and Arizona). Steiner and Monday called the entire game on radio during games that were nationally televised. For locally televised road games that Scully did not call, Steiner handled the TV commentary with Orel Hershiser and Nomar Garciaparra on color commentary, while Monday called play-by-play on radio with Kevin Kennedy doing color. During the post-season, Scully called the first and last three innings solo, with Steiner and Monday calling the middle innings.
Scully retired on October 2, 2016; his commentary was simulcast on radio for the entire game.
- KLAC 570 AM / KYSR-HD2 98.7 Los Angeles (English flagship station)
- KHTY 970 AM Bakersfield
- KBOV 1230 AM Bishop
- KROP 1300 AM Brawley / El Centro
- KCBL 1340 AM Fresno
- KAVL 610 AM Lancaster / Palmdale
- KTNK 1410 AM Lompoc/Santa Ynez
- KKGX 920 AM Palm Springs
- KWDJ 1360 AM Ridgecrest
- KPRO 1440 AM Riverside
- KXTK 1280 AM San Luis Obispo / Santa Maria
- KHTS 1220 AM Santa Clarita
- KVEN 1450 AM Ventura
- KRZR 1400 AM Visalia
- KQTM 101.7 FM Albuquerque, New Mexico
- KICE 940 AM Bend, Oregon
- KROD 600 AM El Paso, Texas
- WSJD 100.5 FM Evansville, Indiana (partial schedule)
- KYVA 1230 AM Gallup, New Mexico
- KSHP 1400 AM Las Vegas, Nevada
- WSTA 1340 AM Saint Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands (partial schedule)
A separate network airs games in Spanish. Jaime Jarrín has been the Spanish play-by-play voice of the Dodgers since 1959. His oldest son, Jorge Jarrin, is also the play-by-play announcer replacing Pepe Yniguez and Fernando Valenzuela who are now on Spectrum SportsNet LA's Spanish-language channel.
- KTNQ 1020 AM Los Angeles (Spanish flagship station)
- KGST 1600 AM Fresno
- KOXR 910 AM Oxnard
- KSBQ 1480 AM Santa Maria
- XEC 1310 AM San Diego, California/Tijuana, Baja California Mexico
In 2013, the Dodgers announced that 60 games would be aired in Korean on KMPC AM 1540. Richard Choi does play-by-play while Chong Ho Yim does color commentary. As of 2014, selected Dodger games are broadcast on AM 1540, while all games are broadcast in Korean on the Second Audio Program of Spectrum SportsNet LA.
- "Dodgers Radio Network". Los Angeles Dodgers. Retrieved June 4, 2012.
- "Dodgers to simulcast Vin Scully's final broadcast on radio". SBNation. Retrieved 1 October 2016.