Love, Death & Mussolini
|Love, Death & Mussolini|
|EP by Porcupine Tree|
|Recorded||Real Life: 1987-1990
Liner Notes: 1989
|Porcupine Tree chronology|
The Love, Death & Mussolini E.P. was a cassette released by Steven Wilson under the pseudonym of 'Porcupine Tree'. It compiles a total of nine tracks of which seven were shortly after released in The Nostalgia Factory. The song "Out" was later included on the vinyl edition of the compilation album Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape and the 2013 CD remaster of the album. "It Will Rain for a Million Years" shares its name with a track in On the Sunday of Life... but is a totally different song and is elsewhere unavailable.
Love, Death & Mussolini was limited to only 10 copies so it is nearly impossible to obtain. According to Steven Wilson himself, he doesn't have a copy of the album. Many of the lyrics on Love, Death & Mussolini were written by Alan Duffy and given to Wilson as a gift. The inlay of the sleeve contains credits to some musicians of which only JC Camillioni is an existing person, all of the rest are fictitious band members created by Wilson.
The album came with a booklet that had a mocking message explaining why the Love, Death & Mussolini EP is in fact an LP, descriptions of the songs and a catalogue..
All tracks written by Steven Wilson except tracks A2, A3, A4, and B4 written by Wilson/Duffy.
Side one - "The Extended Player"
- "Hymn" (Tree) - 1:22
- "Footprints" (Tree, Duffy) - 5:56
- "Linton Samuel Dawson" (Tree, Duffy) - 3:04
- "And the Swallows Dance Above the Sun" (Tree, Duffy) - 4:12
- "Queen Quotes Crowley" (St. Jemain) - 4:40
Side two - "The Long Player"
- "No Luck With Rabbits" (Underspoon) - 0:47
- "Begonia Seduction Scene" (Jemain, Tree) - 2:34
- "Out" (Tree, Underspoon) - 8:59
- "It Will Rain for a Million Years" (Tree, Underspoon) - 4:05
- PORCUPINE TREE - Vocal, Electric and Acoustic Guitars, Bass.
- SIR TARQUIN UNDERSPOON - Organ, Mellotron, Keyboards.
- EXPANDING FLAN - Drums, Percussion.
- SOLOMAIN ST. JEMAIN - Glissando Guitars and Vocals on "Queen Quotes Crowley".
- JC CAMILLIONI - Programming, Soundscapes.
Recorded at No-Man's Land studios and Periscope Station. Produced by JC Camillioni and Porcupine Tree for Hidden Art Productions.
- The liner notes to the 2000 vinyl of Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape
- "Steven Wilson -The Complete Discography (6th Edition), p. 26" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-15.
|This progressive rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|