|Country of origin||Germany|
Rockpalast (Rock Palace) is a German music television show that broadcasts live on German television station Westdeutscher Rundfunk (WDR). Rockpalast started in 1974 and continues to this day. Hundreds of rock and jazz bands have performed on Rockpalast. Some acts were recorded for broadcast and for retail sale. All-night marathon shows called “Rock Night” (Rocknacht) were produced once or twice a year from 1977 through 1986 and simulcast throughout Europe via the Eurovision network of TV broadcasters. Rockpalast is involved in several German pop, rock and underground music festivals, once sponsoring Bizarre Festival.
The founder and long-time producer of Rockpalast is Peter Rüchel.
Selected list of performers
Not all of these acts were recorded and broadcast. A list of the recorded gigs is readable on the Rockpalast homepage.
- Michael Marsch. "Rockpalast Archiv - Rocknächte 1977 - 1986". Rockpalastarchiv.de. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- Michael Marsch. "Rockpalast Archiv - Peter Rüchel Eclipsed 2004". Rockpalastarchiv.de. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-04-22. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "Electric Light Orchestra "Live - The Early Years" for the first time on DVD - #AltSounds". Hangout.altsounds.com. Archived from the original on 2015-02-11. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- With an appearance by the Flying Karamazov Brothers
- "Jay Hooks at Hotburrito's Bluesrockencyclopedia". Hotburrito.nl. Retrieved 8 April 2018.
- First full show with backing band in Germany
- Michael Marsch. "Rockpalast Archiv - Chapman Whitney Streetwalkers 1975". Rockpalastarchiv.de. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- "Tom Waits - Rockpalast 1977 01 Step Right Up". StumbleUpon. 1977-04-18. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rockpalast.|