|Country of origin||Germany|
Rockpalast (Rock Palace) is a German music television show that broadcasts live on German television station Westdeutscher Rundfunk (WDR). Rockpalast started in 1974 and continues to this day. Hundreds of rock and jazz bands have performed on Rockpalast. Some acts were recorded for broadcast and for retail sale. All-night marathon shows called “Rock Night” (Rocknacht) were produced once or twice a year from 1977 through 1986 and simulcast throughout Europe via the Eurovision network of TV broadcasters. Rockpalast is involved in several German rock and underground music festivals, once sponsoring Bizarre Festival.
The founder and long-time producer of Rockpalast is Peter Rüchel.
Selected list of performers
Not all of these acts were recorded and broadcast.
- Michael Marsch. "Rockpalast Archiv - Rocknächte 1977 - 1986". Rockpalastarchiv.de. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- Michael Marsch. "Rockpalast Archiv - Peter Rüchel Eclipsed 2004". Rockpalastarchiv.de. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- With an appearance by the Flying Karamazov Brothers
- "Electric Light Orchestra "Live - The Early Years" for the first time on DVD - #AltSounds". Hangout.altsounds.com. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- First full show with backing band in Germany
- Michael Marsch. "Rockpalast Archiv - Chapman Whitney Streetwalkers 1975". Rockpalastarchiv.de. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- "Tom Waits - Rockpalast 1977 01 Step Right Up". StumbleUpon. 1977-04-18. Retrieved 2014-06-27.