Love in Store
|"Love in Store"|
|Single by Fleetwood Mac|
|from the album Mirage|
|B-side||"Can't Go Back"|
|Released||October 1982 (USA)|
|Label||Warner Bros. 7-29848|
|Writer(s)||Christine McVie, Jim Recor|
|Fleetwood Mac US singles chronology|
"Love in Store" is a song by British-American rock group Fleetwood Mac. The song is the opening track on the 1982 album Mirage, the fourth album by the band with Lindsey Buckingham acting as main producer with Richard Dashut and Ken Caillat. "Love in Store" was written by Christine McVie and Jim Recor and it became the album's third single in the USA. Released in November 1982, it went on to peak at #22 for three weeks as the follow-up to Top 20 hits "Hold Me" (#4) and "Gypsy" (#12). The song features lead vocals by Christine McVie with prominent vocal harmonies by Stevie Nicks and background vocals by Lindsey Buckingham.
In the UK, another track from Mirage, "Oh Diane", was released as the third single instead and was a Top 10 hit. "Love In Store" was not released as a single in the UK, although it was released in some European territories.
The song is included on the 2002 USA version, and 2009 UK re-issue of the album The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac.
- Christine McVie – electric piano, keyboards, lead vocals, backing vocals
- Lindsey Buckingham – electric guitar, acoustic guitar, backing vocals
- Stevie Nicks – backing vocals
- John McVie – bass guitar
- Mick Fleetwood – drums, tambourine, güiro
- Mac, Fleetwood (1982). Mirage. Album Notes: Warner Brothers. pp. N/A.
- "The Great Rock Discography". By Martin C. Strong. Page 378.
- Chart references from chartstats.com Fleetwood Mac artist search.
|This 1980s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|