MIT College of Engineering
|Motto||To Harness The Knowledge Of Science And Technology For The Welfare Of The Society|
|Chairman||Prof. Dr.Vishwanath D Karad|
|Principal||Prof. Dr. M S Nagmode|
|Director||Prof. Dr.Ramachandra V Pujeri|
|Location||Pune, Maharashtra, India
MIT College of Engineering (MITCOE) is a private self-financed institution affiliated to the University of Pune and located in Kothrud, Pune. It was founded by MAEER family and Dr. Vishwanath Karad. It is ranked 47th among all educational institutes in India and 2nd in Maharashtra among private colleges as per outlook India express survey 2013.
- 1 History
- 2 Campus
- 3 Organization
- 4 Departments and centres
- 5 Programmes
- 6 Research and development
- 7 Rankings
- 8 Cultural and Extra-Curricular Activities
- 9 See also
- 10 References
- 11 External links
MIT College of Engineering was established in 2001 by Vishwanath D. Karad. An ISO 9001:2008 certified institute, MITCOE offers multidisciplinary undergraduate, postgraduate programmes in engineering and management.
MITCOE Pune's campus is situated on Paud Road in the locality of Kothrud. A new auditorium with a capacity for 1000 is the latest addition after the Research and Development Centre inaugurated in 2011. MIT campus also houses World Peace Centre, The UNESCO chair for Human Rights, Democracy, Peace and Tolerance and other educational institutions under MAEER.
At the institutional level, MITCOE is governed by a Board of Governors with Dr. Vishwanath D. Karad as the Chairman. There are nominee's from MAEER Trust as well as from AICTE and State Government. Besides this, few members having specialized knowledge or practical experience in respect of education, engineering or science are also present.
For all academic matters, the Academic Advisory Body is the authority having control and responsibility for the maintenance of standards of education and consists of reputed technologists or industrialists from the field of science and engineering.
The key people in the execution of the Institute's activities are the Principal and Vice Principal, assisted by Heads of the Departments and Student Council. The Administration is managed by the Registrar and Administrative Office.
Departments and centres
MITCOE has the following academics departments:
- Department of Electronics & TeleCommunication
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Hardware & Networking
- Centre for Management Studies & Research
- Department of Core Engineering & Engineering Sciences (First year of Engineering)
The following are the multidisciplinary centres in MITCOE:
- Development and research lab in association with MIR Labs
- CSIR Lab
- MIT College of Engineering,Pune was the first educational institute to set up the CollabCAD Training & Support Centre in the State of Maharashtra.
MITCOE offers undergraduate engineering studies(B.E) in five disciplines:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
- Civil engineering
MITCOE also offers postgraduate studies, e.g. ME, MBA etc.
Postgraduate studies are offered in the following areas:
Every year, MITCOE awards degrees, B.E, M.E and MBA to more than 1,000 students. The undergrads are selected through the Maharashtra-Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) for the state allocated seats (65%) and through the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) for the all-India seats.
Research and development
Teachers and faculties are involved in various R&D activities like writing research proposals for submission to UOP, DST, AICTE, IBM, DBT, UGC etc., as well as publishing and presenting research papers in National and International Conferences. There are research collaborations and lectures conducted in MITCOE for the benefit of MITCOE-ts' in association with different organizations like MIR Labs,IEEE, and UOP..
|Engineering – India|
|* Limited participation|
MITCOE is ranked 47th best college in new rankings by Outlook survey 2013 was ranked 49th best engineering college by Outlook 2012 survey. It was ranked 73rd in DQ CMR T-School Survey 2012. The college also boasts of ranked 2nd best private college in Maharashtra in 2013. The college is ranked 47th best college in new rankings by Outlook survey 2013
Cultural and Extra-Curricular Activities
Cultural activities like Dramatics, Literary Arts and Music as well as Sports and other activities are very important in every MITCOE-t's life.MITCOE-t's also have been participating in Firodiya Karandak an inter-collegiate competition where students showcase their talents through plays. MITCOE-ts' regularly participate in linguistic and Marathi play competitions like Purshottam Karandtak. MITCOE remained in the top three ranks of Purshottam karandtak and was the winner of its 2011 edition.
- IEEE Student Branch
- Robotics Club
- Spandan (magazine club)
- MIT CREON (Art & Literary club)
- Aarohan (cultural club)
- Astronomy Club
- Incredible India Club
- Various sports Clubs like Basketball club, Chess club etc.,
- Students are also involved in activities with bodies like IEEE, SAE International,ISTE, IETE, and CSI.
IEEE | MIT College of Engineering SB, Pune represents the student branch for an international organisation, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). MIT College of Engineering SB, Pune plans different events and activities for the Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science and Information Technology Department at MIT College of Engineering, Pune.
These activities include research panels and discussions, group trip Faculty Dinners for students, study breaks, and other exciting events.We're made up of a set of officers on the Executive Board as well as a general membership. Membership is as easy as sending a bit of information about yourself to us. For details, check out the membership page.
Spandan is the student media body and is open to articles from all students in the campus that publishes student newsletter and college's annual magazine in Marathi, Hindi or English.
MITCOE regularly takes part in an international robotics event called ROBOCON hosted by MIT in association with Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU). The event gets televised on Doordarshan (Prasarbharati) and colleges from 16 different nations send robotics teams to take part in this competition. In 2010 a special dedicated lab for Robocon have been added to the MITCOE. In 2012 MIT college of engineering Robocon team was ranked 6th & in 2013, 14th among 80 engineering colleges including IIT's and NIT's nationwide.
The technical event of MITCOE is called TESLA, which includes competitions, workshops and seminars. It was formerly known as Pinnacle and is scheduled in September each year. Participants from many colleges of India come to take part in this technical event.
The cultural body of MITCOE is called Aarohan. It regularly participates in various dramatic competitions like the Firodiya Karandak, Purushottam Karandak, etc.
Entrepreneurship Cell(E Cell)
The Entrepreneurship Cell was started by students in association with National Entrepreneurship Network and IITK to inculcate and share advanced skills of emerging entrepreneurs from various fields of life with MITCOE-ts. Topics like marketing, branding, income, revenue and trading etc.
Gracia is the name of the annual social and cultural gathering of the college. All college festivals are organized, financially managed and conducted entirely by the students of MITCOE and are sponsored by private enterprise.
- "UNESCO Chair in Peace, Human Rights and Democracy (106), established in 1998 at Maharashtra Academy of Engineering and Educational Research, (India).". UNESCO Chair.
- "CMSR website".
- "Signing of MoU between NIC and MIT CEO, Pune". Informatics News Online. 10 March 2010.
- "Lecture Series on Machine Intelligence".
- "Top Engineering Colleges". Outlook India. 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2017.
- "GHRDC-CSR Engineering Colleges Survey 2013" (PDF). Competition Success Review. Competition Success Review and the Global Human Resources Development Centre. July 2013. pp. 1–6.
- "Top 50 Private Engineering Colleges of 2009" (PDF). Mint. 23 June 2009. Retrieved 9 September 2011.
- http://www.dqindia.com › Top Stories
- "VIIT's Positive gets top honours". Pune Mirror. February 16, 2011.
- "Red Bull racing can event: Pune enters national finals". DNA. Aug 22, 2011.
- "Techies take on theatre". Pune Mirror. August 31, 2010.
- Kharade, Pallavi (Sep 19, 2011). "MITCoE's Serial Killers culls competition in Pune". DNA.
- "MITCOE IEEE Student Branch".
- "MITCOE Robotics Club".
- "SAE India Collegiate Club Listing".
- "ROBOCON website".
- "ROBOCON website".
- "TESLA Website".