|Traded as||TYO: 6586
OTC Pink: MKTAY
|Headquarters||Anjō, Aichi Prefecture, Japan|
Number of employees
Makita Corporation (TYO: 6586, OTC Pink: MKTAY) is a manufacturer of professional and consumer power tools. Founded on March 21, 1915, it is based in Anjō, Japan, and operates factories in Brazil, Canada, China, Japan, Mexico, Romania, the United Kingdom, Germany and the United States. Annual sales were equivalent to $2.9 billion in 2012.
In January 2004, Makita announced the release of two new batteries with L.E.D. lights to join the eLuminate Series. These two new batteries were among the most powerful and longest lasting on the market at that time.
In June 2004, Makita introduced a new line of high-powered generators, which featured extreme performance, reliability, and efficiency.
- In march 1915 Mosaburo Makita founded Makita Electric Works (proprietorship) in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan and began selling and repairing lighting equipment, motors, and transformers.
- In April 1969 they introduced the 6500D battery-powered drill (the first rechargeable power tool).
- In December 1978 they launched the 6010D rechargeable drill (the first nickel cadmium battery tool).
- In August 1997 the 6213D rechargeable driver-drill was exhibited at the Chicago Hardware Show (the first nickel hydride battery tool).
- And in February 2005 the TD130D (the first Lithium-ion Battery tool) was made available.
- Makita Co. (Japanese)
- Makita Co. Global Site
- Makita Australia
- Makita Canada
- Makita U.S.A.
- Makita Russia
- Makita South Africa
- Makita Brasil
- Makita Malaysia