Manor Road railway station
Platforms and footbridge.
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Passenger Transport Executive|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Manor Road from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Proposed by 1936, the station was opened on 15 May 1940 by the London Midland and Scottish Railway, following their 1938 electrification of the former Wirral Railway's route from Birkenhead to West Kirby and the start of through trains to Liverpool.
The station is staffed, during all opening hours, and has platform CCTV. Each of the two platforms has a seated waiting shelter. There is a payphone, booking office and live departure and arrival screens, for passenger information. The station doesn't have car park, but does have a secure cycle storage for 10 cycles. There is step-free access available only for the Liverpool-bound platform, for wheelchairs and prams. 
Current services are every 15 minutes (Monday to Saturday daytime) to West Kirby and Liverpool. At other times, trains operate every 30 minutes. These services are all provided by Merseyrail's fleet of Class 507 and Class 508 EMUs.
A Merseyrail Class 507 on the West Kirby-bound platform.
- Lee, Charles E. (September 1936). "The Mersey Railway". The Railway Magazine. Vol. 79 no. 471. p. 158.
- Maund 2009, pp. 176-177
- "Station Facilities for Manor Road". National Rail. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "Manor Road train station facilities". Merseyrail. Retrieved 19 February 2017.
- "Wirral Line timetable" (PDF). Merseyrail. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- Maund, T.B. (2009). The Wirral Railway and its Predecessors. Lydney: Lightmoor Press. pp. 176–177. ISBN 978-1-899889-38-9.
- Mitchell, Vic; Smith, Keith (2014). Birkenhead to West Kirby. Middleton Press. figs. 48-49. ISBN 9781908174611. OCLC 885451764.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Manor Road railway station.|
- Station information for Manor Road railway station from Merseyrail
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
towards West Kirby
towards Liverpool Central