Pašalić playing for Elche in 2015
|Full name||Mario Pašalić|
|Date of birth||9 February 1995|
|Place of birth||Mainz, Germany|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2003–2005||GOŠK Kaštel Gomilica|
|2014–2015||→ Elche (loan)||31||(3)|
|2015–2016||→ Monaco (loan)||16||(3)|
|2016–2017||→ Milan (loan)||24||(5)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13 May 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 15:39, 21 November 2015
Pašalić made his senior international debut for Croatia in 2014.
Born in Mainz, Germany, Pašalić moved to Croatia at early age and started training football at lowly NK GOŠK Kaštel Gomilica before joining the Hajduk Split's youth academy in 2006. A youth international, he first gained wider recognition in the 2011–12 season, scoring 17 goals for the under-17s despite being a midfielder, and scoring the winner for the under-19s in a 3–2 success against Hrvatski Dragovoljac, which secured the club's championship trophy.
During the pre-season, however, Pašalić was diagnosed with a staphylococcus infection, being sidelined for the first half of the 2012–13 campaign. He played his first match as a professional on 14 April 2013 replacing Ivan Vuković in the 90th minute of a 2–1 home success against Cibalia.
In summer 2013, Pašalić signed a four-year professional contract with Hajduk and went on to make 36 appearances in all competitions during the 2013–14 season, scoring 11 goals and assisting a further five. On 14 September 2013, he scored two goals in a derby 2–0 victory against Dinamo Zagreb, and repeated the same fate on 8 February of the following year, in a 2–1 win at city rivals RNK Split.
Loan to Elche
On 12 April 2015, Pašalić scored his first goal in the top flight of Spanish football, netting the last in a 2–0 win at Córdoba. On 29 April 2015, Pašalić scored in a 4–0 victory over Deportivo de La Coruña. On 3 May 2015, he scored a late goal which turned out to be the winner in the match against Málaga in a 2–1 victory.
Loan to Monaco
On 3 July 2015, it was announced that Pašalić will spend the 2015–16 season on loan at Monaco. Striker Radamel Falcao went on loan to Chelsea as part of the loan agreement for Pašalić to join the French side. During an interview about his loan move to Monaco, Pašalić stated that staying at Chelsea this season was never an option and that he "needs to improve, grow and then hope to get a chance with Chelsea".
On 28 July, Pašalić made his Monaco debut in a 3–1 victory against Swiss side Young Boys in the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round, in which he scored the final goal to make it 3–1. On 8 August, Pašalić made his Ligue 1 debut after playing 25 minutes in a 2–1 win over Nice. On 19 August, Pašalić scored against Valencia, but it was not enough to stop Monaco from losing 3–1 in the first leg of the Champions League play-off. In the 2015–16 Coupe de France, Pašalić scored twice in two appearances.
Loan to Milan
On 27 August 2016, Pašalić joined Italian Serie A side Milan on a season-long loan. A month after the loan was completed, there were reports that stated Milan was looking to cut the loan short and return Pašalić in January. He made his debut off the substitutes' bench on 30 October 2016 in a 1–0 win against Pescara. In the following game, Pašalić made his first start in a 2–1 win over Palermo. Pašalić scored his first goal for Milan in a 2-1 home victory against Crotone.
On 14 May 2014, Pašalić was on Croatia manager Niko Kovač's 30-man list that was named to participate in 2014 FIFA World Cup. He was not, however, selected for the final squad. He made his debut for Croatia on 4 September 2014 when he replaced Mario Mandžukić in a friendly home victory over Cyprus.
|Hajduk Split||2012–13||Prva HNL||2||0||0||0||0||0||—||2||0|
|Elche (loan)||2014–15||La Liga||31||3||4||0||—||—||35||3|
|Monaco (loan)||2015–16||Ligue 1||16||3||3||2||9[c][a]||2||1[d]||0||29||7|
|Milan (loan)||2016–17||Serie A||23||5||2||0||—||1[e]||0||26||5|
- Duplančić, Blaž (5 January 2013). "Hajdukovih juniora Mario Pašalić vraća se nakon teške bolesti". Dalmacija News (in Croatian). Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- "Hajduk pobijedio pogotkom iz zaleđa, petarda lokosa" (in Croatian). SportCom. 14 April 2013. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Video: Hajduk pobijedio Dinamo na Poljudu, Mario Pašalić junak derbija" (in Croatian). HRSport. 14 September 2013. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Video: Mario Pašalić s dva pogotka u samoj završnici donio preokret Hajduku protiv Splita" (in Croatian). HRSport. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Mario Pasalic to join Chelsea from Hajduk Split in £3m deal but forward expected to be sent out on loan by Jose Mourinho". Daily Mail. 16 April 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Pasalic signs". Chelsea Official site. 9 July 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "Spanish loan for Pasalic". Chelsea Official site. 22 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Enrique off to a winning start". ESPN FC. 24 August 2014. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- "Cordoba 0–2 Elche". ESPN FC. 12 April 2015. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- "Elche 4–0 Deportivo de La Coruña". Soccerway. 29 April 2015. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- "Málaga 1–2 Elche". Soccerway. 3 May 2015. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- "Pašalić rejoint l’AS Monaco". AS Monaco. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- "Radamel Falcao: Chelsea sign Monaco striker on loan. So far he has featured in to pre-season games for Monaco F.C.". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 3 July 2015. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- "Pasalic: Monaco move can boost my Chelsea chances". Goal. 3 July 2015. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- "UEFA Champions League 2016 - Young Boys-Monaco — UEFA.com". UEFA. 28 July 2015.
- "Chelsea here Chelsea there". Chelsea Official site. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- "Valencia 3–1 Monaco: Rodrigo & Co. pick apart wasteful visitors". Goal. 19 August 2015.
- "Evian TG vs. Monaco – 20 January 2016 – Soccerway". int.soccerway.com. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Pasalic in Milan switch". Chelsea F.C. 27 August 2016.
- "AC Milan planning to cut short Mario Pasalic's season-long loan deal". IBT. 25 September 2016.
- "Palermo vs Milan". ESPN. 6 November 2016.
- "Stagione 2016–17 | 15^ Giornata" (in Italian). 4 December 2016. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Jones, Simon. "Chelsea make £3m move for Croatia's teenage sensation Pasalic". Daily Mail.
- "Pasalic loan move to Monaco". Chelsea Official site.
- "Mario Pašalić Profile". Chelsea Official site.
- "Mario Pašalić > Club Matches". worldfootball.net. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- Mario Pašalić at Soccerway
- Mario Pašalić at hajduk.hr
- Mario Pašalić at National-Football-Teams.com
- Mario Pašalić at the Croatian Football Federation
|Heart of Hajduk Award
[to be determined]