1983 (age 31–32)
|Awards||Herblock Prize for Excellence in Cartooning, Sigma Delta Chi Award for Editorial Cartooning|
Matt Bors is a nationally syndicated American editorial cartoonist and the comics journalism editor for Cartoon Movement. In 2012 he was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize and became the first alt-weekly cartoonist to win the Herblock Prize for Excellence in Cartooning.
Originally from Canton, Ohio, Bors attended the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, where he first began drawing editorial cartoons for the student newspaper. At 23, his work became syndicated by Universal Features, making him the youngest syndicated cartoonist in the country at that time. His work has since appeared in the Los Angeles Times, The Nation, The Village Voice, The Daily Beast, and on Daily Kos. In 2012, US Congressman John Larson used one of Bors cartoons during a house floor debate about the affordable care act 
In September 2013, Bors began working in a full-time capacity as a cartoonist and writer at Medium.com, a blogging site.
In addition to his editorial cartoons, Bors has also worked as both editor and journalist in the field of comics journalism. In December 2010, Bors joined the newly launched Cartoon Movement, an online platform for editorial cartoons and comics journalism from around the world, as Comics Journalism Editor. In 2010, Bors travelled to Afghanistan with Ted Rall, his first trip outside of the United States. He filed sketches and editorial cartoons while in Afghanistan which he later expanded to full-length comics published on Cartoon Movement.
In the summer of 2011 he traveled with Cartoon Movement to Haiti, to coordinate a comics project with Haitian cartoonists that would document the effects of the 2010 earthquake one year after the catastrophe. The first part of the 75-page comics project, entitled Tents beyond Tents, was published in January 2012. In 2012 Bors released “Haiti’s Scapegoats,” an animated documentary short exploring the LGBT community in Haiti, produced in collabraotion with Cartoon Movement and video journalist Caroline Dijckmeester-Bins.
- 2012 – Pulitzer Prize for Editorial Cartooning (Finalist)
- 2012 – Herblock Prize for Excellence in Editorial Cartooning
- 2012 – Sigma Delta Chi Award for Editorial Cartooning (Circulation of 100,000+)
- "2012 HERBLOCK PRIZE: Matt Bors becomes first alt-editorial cartoonist to win the $15K award". The Washington Post.
- "CR Holiday Interview #4 – Matt Bors". Comics Reporter.
- "TCJ 300 Conversations: Ted Rall & Matt Bors". The Comics Journal. Archived from the original on 29 Aug 2014.
- "US House on healthcare: Cartoon and bubble charts". BBC.
- "War Is Boring". Penguin.
- Gardner, Alan (4 September 2013). "Matt Bors takes full time job with Medium.com". The Daily Cartoonist. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "The State of Cartooning". The Portland Mercury.
- "Afghan Life". Bors Blog. Archived from the original on January 29, 2012.
- "Afghanistan Update: RALL and BORS file from the streets of Taloqan". The Washington Post.
- "‘HAITI’S SCAPEGOATS’: Cartoon Movement’s compelling video tells of LGBT abuse". The Washington Post.
- "Spotlight on Haiti". Cartoon Movement.
- "Tents Beyond Tents". Bors Blog. Archived from the original on August 16, 1013.
- "Haiti’s Scapegoats". Bors Blog. Archived from the original on August 15, 1013.
- "The 2012 Pulitzer Prize Winners Editorial Cartooning". Pulitzer Prize.
- "Matt Bors". Herblock Prize.
- "2011 Sigma Delta Chi Award Honorees". Society of Professional Journalists.