From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In linguistics, Middle German can refer to two variants of the German language:
- Middle High German (Mittelhochdeutsch), dialects of the 11th–15th centuries, evolved from Old High German
- Central German (Mitteldeutsch), the general term for High German dialects in Central Germany
- Central Germany (geography)
- Central Germany (cultural area)
- Middle Low German (Mittelniederdeutsch), dialects of the 11th–15th centuries, evolved from Old Saxon
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Middle German.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.