Trauco playing for Flamengo in 2018
|Full name||Miguel Ángel Trauco Saavedra|
|Date of birth||25 August 1992|
|Place of birth||Tarapoto, Peru|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Left back, left midfielder|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 August 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 7 July 2019
Miguel Ángel Trauco Saavedra (born 25 August 1992) is a Peruvian professional footballer who plays as a left back. He plays for Saint-Étienne and previously played for Flamengo, Universitario and Unión Comercio in his home country. He is also a member of the Peru national team.
His polished technique, precise passing, and great dribbling skills have made him an asset in the attacking force of his team as well as a solid defender. With his great capabilities to unfold himself into the attacking and defending areas of the field, Trauco is a sharp contributor in any situation.
Trauco was born in Tarapoto; he is the son of Miguel Trauco Alvarado and Bessy Saavedra Armas.
Trauco started his career in the Copa Perú division with Unión Comercio in 2010. He made 6 appearances in the National Stage that season including the two matches against Alianza Unicachi in the Final. His side won on away goals and were promoted to the First Division the following season. In 2016, he signed for Universitario de Deportes.
On October 2016 Brazilian and Peruvian press reported rumors about Flamengo's possible interest for signing Trauco. Shortly after, on 13 December 2016, Trauco gave an interview to Peruvian newspaper Libero confirming his transfer to Flamengo for the 2017 season. However, the Brazilian club did not confirm any signing, saying they are still negotiating with Trauco.
After many rumors in the press Flamengo announced officially Traucos's signing, on 14 December 2016. The left back signed a three-year contract with the Brazilian club. He debuted for his new club on 28 January 2017 scoring a goal and two assists against Boavista, in the opening match of the 2017 Rio de Janeiro State League.
After Flamengo signed Filipe Luís Trauco lost space and became the team's third left back. As he only had five more months under his contract the Brazilian club decided to accept a low offer from Saint-Étienne to avoid losing Trauco on a free transfer.
He returned to the national team in 2016 and has been a fixture at left-back ever since. He started in all thirteen of his appearances in 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying matches between 2016 and 2017, including Peru's intercontinental playoff victory against New Zealand which qualified Peru for their first FIFA World Cup since 1982.
Copa América Centenario
On 17 May 2016, Trauco was named to the Peru national team squad for the Copa América Centenario in the United States. He started all four matches for Peru as they won their group, but missed his penalty in a shootout loss to Colombia in the quarter-finals.
2018 FIFA World Cup
2019 Copa América
On 30 May 2019, Trauco was named to the Peru national team squad for the 2019 Copa América in Brazil by manager Ricardo Gareca. He started all six matches for Peru throughout the tournament, including the final on 7 July, which ended in a 3–1 defeat to hosts Brazil. For his performances, Trauco was named to the Team of the Tournament by CONMEBOL.
- As of 1 August 2019
- As of 8 July 2019
- Peruvian Primera División Best player: 2016
- Campeonato Carioca Team of the year: 2017
- Copa América Team of the Tournament: 2019
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia – List of Players" (PDF). Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 19 June 2018.
- "Miguel Trauco". fichajes.com.
- "Player - Miguel Trauco". footballdatabase.eu. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "Fixtures/Results for 2010". footballdatabase.eu. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "Cobiça europeia a Jorge faz Fla observar 4 laterais; saiba quem são". globoesporte.com. 22 October 2016. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "Miguel Trauco ya es del Flamengo: lateral de la selección peruana llegaría a Brasil el 2 de enero". Libero. 13 December 2016. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "Miguel Trauco é eleito o melhor jogador do Torneio Descentralizado 2016". Flamengo.com.br. 20 December 2016. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Flamengo anuncia Miguel Trauco como primeiro reforço de 2017". globoesporte.com. 14 December 2016. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "A caminho do futebol francês, Trauco é liberado pelo Flamengo e se despede após classificação". Globoesporte (in Portuguese). Retrieved 1 August 2019.
- "St Étienne signing Miguel Trauco for just under €1m". getfootballnewsfrance.com. Retrieved 1 August 2019.
- "Peru national soccer team named for Copa America Centenario". Perú Reports. 17 May 2016. Retrieved 10 July 2019.
- "HTML Center". estadisticas.conmebol.com. Retrieved 10 July 2019.
- "Selección peruana: esta sería hoy la lista de los 25 convocados para Rusia 2018". La Republica. 14 May 2018. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "Revealed: Every World Cup 2018 Squad - 23-Man & Preliminary Lists & When Will They Be Announced?". goal.com. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- DT, Redacción (30 May 2019). "Selección peruana: la lista de 23 convocados para disputar la Copa América 2019". El Comercio (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 July 2019.
- Smyth, Rob (7 July 2019). "Brazil 3-1 Peru". The Guardian. Retrieved 8 July 2019.
- "El equipo ideal de la CONMEBOL Copa América Brasil 2019". copaamerica.com. Retrieved 10 July 2019.
- "Miguel Trauco". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman.
- "Com nove jogadores de Fla e Flu, Ferj divulga seleção do Campeonato Carioca". Globoesporte.com. 7 May 2017. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "El equipo ideal de la CONMEBOL Copa América Brasil 2019" (in Spanish). CONMEBOL.com. 9 July 2019.
- Miguel Trauco at Soccerway