|Full name||Andy Jorman Polo Andrade|
|Date of birth||29 September 1994|
|Place of birth||Lima, Peru|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Striker / Winger|
|2013–2014||Univ. San Martín||28||(4)|
|2014||→ Millonarios (loan)||11||(2)|
|2015–||→ Universitario (loan)||37||(2)|
|2010–2011||Peru U-17 ||4||(3)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14 July 2012.
Andy Jorman Polo Andrade (born 29 September 1994, in Lima, Perú), commonly known as La Joya (The Jewel), is a professional footballer who plays as a striker for Universitario de Deportes. Polo made his professional debut with Peruvian giants Universitario in the 2011 season at the young age of 16. Polo built a name for himself with his rapid acceleration and superb scoring skills. Being able to play in any of the four attacking positions, in his first season he quickly became an asset in the attacking force of his team. As the team's top scorer, Polo helped the Universitario under-20 squad win the 2011 U-20 Copa Libertadores.
Polo got his start in Universitario de Deportes as a youth. He made his official debut in the Torneo Descentralizado on 23 April 2011, against Alianza Atletico in the ninth round of the 2011 Descentralizado season, at the age of 16. His debut match was played at home in the Monumental and finished 1–0 in favor of Universitario de Deportes. Polo played from the start and was later substituted for Raúl Ruidíaz in the 67th minute. In his second professional match, Polo scored his first senior career goal on May 6, 2011 in a league match at home against Cienciano del Cuzco. He scored his first goal in the 8th minute of the match by controlling with his head a lobbed through ball from Pablo Vitti and finishing with a strong left-footed shot into the top-right corner of the net. In a very short time, Polo earned a spot in the starting eleven and played in the following league games. In round 15, Andy was on the scoresheet again in the 3–0 home win over Unión Comercio. Then he made his Torneo Intermedio (now known as the Copa Inca) debut on 28 May 2011 in the First Round against Sport Ancash. With Universitario starting the match with mainly players from the reserves and already behind two goals, Polo entered the match in the 46th minute but could not help his side avoid the 3–2 elimination away to the Rosas Pampa Stadium in Huaraz.
With the league in the mid season rest, Polo, aged 16 years, was selected by manager Javier Chirinos for the under-20 Universitario squad to participate in the first edition of the 2011 U-20 Copa Libertadores. Andy managed to score three goals in six games and finished as the team's top scorer. Polo went on to help his side win the very first U-20 Copa Libertadores alongside notable players such as Edison Flores and Willyan Mimbela. Chirinos included Polo in the starting eleven in all of the games including the final against Boca Juniors, which his side defeated 4–2 on penalties.
Polo made his debut in a senior international competition on September 1, 2011 in the second round of the Copa Sudamericana away to Deportivo Anzoategui. He was in the starting line up and later provided the assist for teammate Johan Fano's winning goal in the 49th minute, which gave his club a 2–1 win in the first leg. After his club got through to the next round and on the day of his 17th birthday, Polo was voted man of the match after he provided an assist for Raul Ruidiaz's goal in the 1–1 draw in the first leg match away to Godoy Cruz. In his fourth match of the tournament, Polo scored his first goal in the Copa Sudamericana in the second leg at home (Miguel Grau stadium) against Godoy Cruz. His goal came in the 85th minute by heading in a cross from Edison Flores and eventually forced the match to a penalty shootout, which Universitario won 3–2. At the end of the season, Polo was given the award for Jugador Revelación (Breakthrough Player) of the 2011 Torneo Descentralizado season.
On 31 January 2014, FC Internazionale Milano signed Polo for an undisclosed fee.
- As of 11 July 2012
|Peru||Descentralizado||Copa Inca||Copa Libertadores||Copa Sudamericana||Total|
|Universitario de Deportes||2011||19||4||0||1||0||0||—||5||1||2||25||5||2|
- As of match played 28 May 2016. Peru score listed first, score column indicates score after each Polo goal.
|1||28 May 2016||Memorial Stadium, Seattle, United States||2||El Salvador||2–0||3–1||Friendly|
- "Matches of A. Polo: National Team". Soccer Way. 2011-05-11. Retrieved 2011-05-11.
- "Player – Andy Polo". FootballDatabase. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "Club Universitario de Deportes Campeon de la Copa Libertadores Sub-20 Peru 2011". daleucampeon.4t.com (in Spanish). 28 June 2011. Archived from the original on 7 February 2012. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Match: Universitario 1-0 Alianza Atlético de Sullana". footballdatabase.eu. 23 April 2011. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "U. Deportes1 - 0Alianza Atl". soccernet.espn.go.com. 23 April 2011. Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- "Andy Polo hizo su primer gol en la profesional" (in Spanish). larepublica.pe. 6 May 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- "Match: Universitario Lima 5-0 Cienciano". footballdatabase.eu. 6 May 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- "Fixtures/Results for 2011". footballdatabase.eu. December 2011. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Match: Universitario 3-0 Unión Comercio". footballdatabase.eu. 21 May 2011. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Áncash 3 - Universitario 2" (in Spanish). dechalaca.com. 28 May 2011. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Match: Sport Ancash 3-2 Universitario". footballdatabase.eu. 28 May 2011. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Peruvian striker Andy Polo makes headlines". bbc.co.uk. 7 November 2011. Retrieved 3 March 2012.
- "Match: Anzoategui 1-2 Universitario". footballdatabase.eu. 1 September 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Andy Polo de Universitario fue elegido el jugador del partido" (in Spanish). terra.com.pe. 29 September 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Match: Godoy Cruz 1-1 Universitario". footballdatabase.eu. 29 September 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Match: Universitario 3-2 Godoy Cruz". footballdatabase.eu. 20 October 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Premiación a los campeones de la Copa Movistar 2011" (in Spanish). terra.com.pe. 20 January 2012. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- Andy Polo profile at Soccerway