Mohammed Kabiru Jibril
|Mohammed Kabiru Jibril|
May 2007 – May 2011
|Preceded by||Mohammed Aruwa|
|Succeeded by||Mohammed Saleh|
|Born||18 May 1958|
|Political party||People's Democratic Party (PDP)|
Mohammed Kabiru Jibril was born on 18 May 1958. He has an LL.B from Ahmadu Bello University -1984, Nigerian Law School-1985. Prior to election to the senate, he was the National Legal Advisor and National Secretary, North-West Zone for the PDP
Mohammed Kabiru Jibril was elected to the National Senate for the Kaduna Central constituency in 2007 and was appointed to committees on Solid Minerals, Security & Intelligence, Police Affairs, Interior Affairs, Gas and Air Force.
In May 2009, Emmanuel Egboga, special adviser on petroleum to President Umaru Yar'Adua alleged that some senators and labor union leaders may have been bribed on a trip to Ghana to frustrate effort to reform the oil and gas sector . The senate directed its ethics committee to hold a public hearing to investigate the allegation. Senators named by Egboga included Mohammed Kabiru Jibril.
In July 2009 the Nigerian Senate unanimously passed a bill to establish the National Climate Change Commission, sponsored by Senator Jibril. Other bills that Kabiru Jabril sponsored or co-sponsored include National Inland Waterways Authority, Nigeria Police Equipment Commission (Amendment), Legal Practitioners Act (Amendment) 2009, Police Act (Repeal and Re-enactment) 2009, Prison Service Act Repeal and Re-enactment 2009 and Criminal Justice Act (Amendment).
- "Sen. Mohammed Kabiru Jibril". National Assembly of Nigeria. Retrieved 2009-09-18.[dead link]
- [Kabiru mohd tibako "2"] Check
- "Petroleum bill: Senate probes bribe allegation against self, labour". Businessday. 14 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- "The Country to Get Climate Change Commission". Daily Trust. 23 July 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- "Nigerians Yet To Get Democracy Dividends – Senator". Leadership Nigeria. 18 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
|This article about a Nigerian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|