Kaka Mallam Yale
|Kaka Mallam Yale|
|National Senator for Borno Central|
May 2007 – May 2011
|Preceded by||Mohammed Abba Aji|
|Succeeded by||Ahmed Zanna|
Konduga, Borno, Nigeria
|Political party||All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP)|
Kaka Mallam Yale was born in January 1953 in Yale town of Konduga District. In 1982 he studied at the University of Maiduguri for his Diploma in Public Administration (DPA). He obtained a BSc in Political Science from the University of Maiduguri in 1990.
Alhaji Kaka Mallam Yale worked as a local government civil servant in various positions, and was appointed chairman of the Konduga local government by the military regime in 1994. He was elected chairman of the Konduga Local Government from 1999 to 2002. At the state level, he held positions in various departments, including being Sole Administrator Borno Radio Television Corporation.
He was elected to the National Assembly, representing the Konduga, Mafa and Dikwa Federal Constituency as a member of the United Nigeria Congress Party (UNCP) in 1998, but a military takeover prevented his taking his seat. In September 2005, he became the Borno State Commissioner for Education.
Kaka Mallam Yale was elected to the National Senate for the Borno Central constituency in 2007, running for the All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP). He was appointed to committees on Navy, Interior Affairs, Finance, Establishment & Public Service and Education As a senator, he did not initiate any bills, but occasionally contributed to debates. He is not seen as a major voice for his constituents.
In an interview in August 2008 he defended the ANPP, but said it was unfortunate that the ANPP had joined Government of National Unity rather than acting as a true opposition party. In December 2008, he criticized the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, saying they did not have the technological capacity to locate oil in the Lake Chad basin, and recommending that private firms by given the job.
- "Sen. Kaka Mallam Yale". National Assembly of Nigeria. Archived from the original on June 7, 2008. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- Bosoma Sheriff and Shettima Maina Mohammed. "Senator Alhaji Kaka Mallam Yale". Kanuri Studies Association. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- "An Improved Senate, But Some Uninspiring Senators...". This Day. 24 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- Taiwo Adisa. "Scorecard of North East senators". Nigerian Tribune. Archived from the original on July 28, 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- TIMOTHY OLA (August 27, 2008). "ANPP, not dead, says Senator Malam Yale". The Daily Sun. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- Isa Umar Gusau (12 December 2008). "NNPC Lacks Capacity to Explore Oil in North - Senator Yale". Daily Trust. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- Isa Umar Gusau (19 July 2009). "2011: Sheriff throws open governorship contest in Borno". Daily Trust. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
|This article about a Nigerian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|