She was an associate professor at the University of British Columbia from 1980–5, then joined the University of Toronto and has remained there ever since, becoming a full professor in 1988. She was president of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics in 1997 and of the Statistical Society of Canada in 2004–5.
Reid won the COPSS Presidents' Award in 1992, the Krieger–Nelson Prize in 1995, the Statistical Society of Canada Gold Medal in 2009, and the Statistical Society of Canada Distinguished Service Award in 2013, In 1989 she was elected as a Fellow of the American Statistical Association. She was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada in 2001. In 2016 she was elected as a foreign associate of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Larry Riddle. "Nancy Margaret Reid". Biographies of Women Mathematicians. Agnes Scott College. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- Reid, Nancy at ISIHighlyCited.com. Accessed 2011-01-28.
- "Award Winners," Statistical Society of Canada, accessed June 9, 2013, http://www.ssc.ca/en/award-winners.
- "2013 SSC Award Winners," Statistical Society of Canada, accessed June 9, 2013, [www.ssc.ca/en/award-winners/award-winners-2013#service www.ssc.ca/en/award-winners/award-winners-2013#service].
- View/Search Fellows of the ASA, accessed 2016-11-19.
- "Search Fellows," Royal Society of Canada, accessed June 9, 2013, http://rsc-src.ca/en/search-fellows.
- National Academy of Sciences Members and Foreign Associates Elected, News from the National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Sciences, May 3, 2016, retrieved 2016-05-14.
- Personal webpage at the University of Toronto
- Official webpage at the Department of Statistics, University of Toronto
- Nancy Margaret Reid at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
|This article about a statistician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|