This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Waltham, Massachusetts, United States|
|Andrew Feinberg (President & CEO)|
|Services||Consulting, Outsourcing, Managed Services, Solution Delivery, Operations and Maintenance|
Netcracker Technology Corp., a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, is a provider of Business Support Systems (BSS), Operations Support Systems (OSS) and Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) solutions.
Headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, Netcracker maintains development facilities in the United States, Russia, Ukraine, and India, and has operations in North America, Europe, South Africa, Latin America, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region. It also operates University Educational Training Centers in 13 cities in Russia and Ukraine.
Netcracker Technology was co-founded in 1993 by Dr. Michael Feinberg, currently Netcracker’s Chief Technology Officer, and Bonnie Ward, the company’s Vice President of Corporate Initiatives. In 2008, after 15 years of independent growth, the company was acquired by NEC Corporation and became a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC.
In 2010, Netcracker initiated a large-scale expansion whereby NEC consolidated its Telecom Operations and Management Solutions (TOMS) software and services business under Netcracker.
In March 2012, NEC announced a definitive agreement to acquire Convergys Corporation's Information Management (IM) business, recognized for its delivery of BSS transformations to communications service providers.
In May 2012, NEC and Netcracker jointly announced the completion of the acquisition of Convergys IM valued at $449 million US dollars. Following the acquisition, the Convergys IM business and organization was integrated into Netcracker, and Netcracker became responsible for all business operations of the combined entity.
In February 2015, NEC and Netcracker launched  a joint business brand, bringing together the best of NEC’s network innovation and Netcracker’s IT leadership and telecom expertise. The joint entity optimizes the delivery of end-to-end SDN/NFV solutions to service providers around the world.
- In 2008 NEC Corporation acquired Netcracker, which then became a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC.
- In 2010 Netcracker Technology underwent a large-scale expansion whereby NEC consolidated its Telecom Operations and Management Solutions software and services business under Netcracker.
- In 2011 Netcracker announced that it had acquired Subex Ltd.’s Activation and Provisioning assets and business.
- On March 22, 2012 NEC Corporation announced its agreement to buy Convergys Corporation's Information Management (IM) Business.
- On May 16, 2012, NEC Corporation and Netcracker Technology announced the completion of the acquisition of Convergys Corporation’s Information Management business. Following the acquisition, the IM business and organization was integrated into Netcracker, and Netcracker became responsible for all business operations of the combined entity.
Products and services
Netcracker’s products focus on Business Support Systems (BSS), Operations Support Systems (OSS) and Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) technologies for Communications Service Providers worldwide. Netcracker’s Solution Delivery Division has been appraised consecutively at CMMI Level 5, and Release 8.2 of its Telecom Operations and Management Solution suite has received TM Forum’s Frameworx 10 Product Conformance Mark, indicating adoption of and conformance to TM Forum’s most accepted and applicable standards.
The Netcracker 10 product suite covers 7 domains: Customer & Partner Management, Revenue Management, Operations Management, Orchestration, Big Data Analytics, Cloud Platform, and Virtual Functions, Management & Infrastructure. It includes products for Operations Support Systems, Business Support Systems, CRM, Billing Mediation, Telecommunications Billing, Telecommunications Rating, Service Fulfillment, Order Management, Home Network, Mobile Device Management, Outside Plant, IT Service Management, Configuration Management, Network Planning and Design, Network Resource Planning, and Network Management.
Netcracker also offers a full of suite of Managed Services and Professional Services. The company’s Managed Services include Hosted, Client-Hosted, and Build-Operate-Transfer delivery models. Professional Services include System Integration, Consulting, Solution Delivery, Outsourcing, and Operations and Maintenance.
Netcracker’s solutions and services suite includes orchestration capabilities, an SDN Controller, and a range of virtual network functions (VNFs), such as virtualized customer premises equipment (vCPE), virtualized evolved packet core (vEPC), and other value-added VNFs and management offerings.
- "Official Netcracker Website".
- Netcracker CEO Outlines a Profitable Future for Mobile Operators. Mobile Europe. February/March 2011, Issue No. 214.
- Netcracker Announces Agreement to Acquire Subex's Activation Business. Business Wire. September 19, 2011.
- NEC Announces Agreement to Acquire Convergys' Global Information Management (IM) Business, a Leader in Business Support Systems (BSS). NEC Press Releases. March 22, 2012.
- NEC Completes Acquisition of Convergys Corporation’s Information Management (IM) Business. NEC Press Releases. May 16, 2012.
- NEC and Netcracker Launch New Business Brand and Optimize NEC’s Network Expertise and Netcracker’s IT Leadership. NEC Press Releases. February 24, 2015.