New Baltimore, Ohio
|New Baltimore, Ohio|
Location in Hamilton County and the state of Ohio.
|• Total||1.4 sq mi (3.6 km2)|
|• Land||1.4 sq mi (3.6 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||550 ft (170 m)|
|• Density||480/sq mi (180/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1065109|
The village, about four miles east of New Haven. was laid out in 1819 by mill owner Samuel Pottinger. In July 1863, Morgan's Raiders of the Confederate Army used a ford at New Baltimore to cross the Miami River.
The CDP has a total area of 1.4 square miles (3.6 km2), all land.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): New Baltimore CDP, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- Nelson, S. B. (1894). History of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, Ohio: Their Past and Present, Including...biographies and Portraits of Pioneers and Representative Citizens, etc., Volume 1. p. 397. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
|This Hamilton County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|