Harrison Township, Hamilton County, Ohio
|Harrison Township, Hamilton County, Ohio|
Location in Hamilton County and the state of Ohio.
|• Total||17.8 sq mi (46.2 km2)|
|• Land||17.5 sq mi (45.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.9 km2)|
|Elevation||610 ft (186 m)|
|• Density||780/sq mi (300/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086214|
Located in the northwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Morgan Township, Butler County - north
- Crosby Township - east
- Whitewater Township - southeast
- Miller Township, Dearborn County, Indiana - southwest corner
- Harrison Township, Dearborn County, Indiana - west
- Whitewater Township, Franklin County, Indiana - northwest corner
The city of Harrison is located in central Harrison Township but also extends into Crosby Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Harrison township, Hamilton County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved November 9, 2012.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.