New Lyme Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio
|New Lyme Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Ashtabula County
|• Total||24.9 sq mi (64.5 km2)|
|• Land||24.9 sq mi (64.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||981 ft (299 m)|
|• Density||45/sq mi (17.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||44047, 44085|
|GNIS feature ID||1085734|
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Lenox Township - north
- Dorset Township - northeast corner
- Cherry Valley Township - east
- Wayne Township - southeast corner
- Colebrook Township - south
- Orwell Township - southwest corner
- Rome Township - west
- Morgan Township - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in New Lyme Township.
Name and history
It is the only New Lyme Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. Currently, the board is composed of chairman Christopher Zaebst and members William Edelman and Lee Fetters.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): New Lyme township, Ashtabula County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Ashtabula County, Ohio Ashtabula County, 2007. Accessed 2007-05-28.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). "The Ohio Gazetteer, or, a Topographical Dictionary". Scott and Wright. p. 342. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.