Niles Township, Delaware County, Indiana
Location of Niles Township in Delaware County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||29.61 sq mi (76.7 km2)|
|• Land||29.49 sq mi (76.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.13 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||928 ft (283 m)|
|• Density||46.1/sq mi (17.8/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453667|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 29.61 square miles (76.7 km2), of which 29.49 square miles (76.4 km2) (or 99.59%) is land and 0.13 square miles (0.34 km2) (or 0.44%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Albany (north half)
- Jackson Township, Blackford County (north)
- Richland Township, Jay County (east)
- Green Township, Randolph County (southeast)
- Delaware Township (south)
- Hamilton Township (southwest)
- Union Township (west)
The township contains three cemeteries: Buckles, Granville and Memorial Park.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - State -- County Subdivision -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.