North Wollongong railway station
Northbound view from Platform 1
|Location||Porter Street, North Wollongong
|Elevation||18 feet (5.5 m)|
|Operated by||NSW TrainLink|
|Distance||81.32 kilometres from Central|
|Opened||19 July 1915|
North Wollongong railway station is located on the Illawarra line in New South Wales, Australia. It serves the Northern Wollongong suburb of North Wollongong, opening on 19 July 1915. It is the primary station for the University of Wollongong.
Platforms & services
North Wollongong has two side platforms serviced by NSW TrainLink South Coast line services travelling between Sydney Central, Bondi Junction and Kiama, as well as local services from Waterfall and Thirroul to Port Kembla.
|1||services to Thirroul, Waterfall, Sydney Central & Bondi Junction|||
|2||services to Port Kembla & Kiama|||
Busabout operates one route via North Wollongong station:
Dion's Bus Service operates three routes via North Wollongong station:
- 1: Austinmer station to Wollongong
- 4: Bulli station to Wollongong via East Woonona
- 9: Shuttle to University of Wollongong Ring Road
Premier Charters operates one route via North Wollongong station:
Premier Illawarra operates seven routes via North Wollongong station:
- 3: Wollongong to Balgownie via Towradgi, Bellambi Point & Corrimal anti-clockwise loop
- 6: Wollongong to University of Wollongong via Mount Pleasant
- 7: Wollongong to Cabbage Tree Lane via Bellambi, Corrimal & Balgownie
- 8: Wollongong to Towradgi via Balgownie, Corrimal & Bellambi clockwise loop
- 10: Wollongong to Keiraville via Gwynneville
- 55A: Wollongong Shuttle via Wollongong Hospital
- 55C: Wollongong Shuttle via Fairy Meadow station
- North Wollongong Station NSWrail.net
- "South Coast line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 20 October 2013 [amended February 2015].
- "Routes 886, 887 and 888 timetable" (PDF). Busabout. 1 June 2014.
- "Routes 1, 1U, 4 and 4U timetable]" (PDF). Dion’s Bus Service. 17 November 2014.
- "North Gong Shuttle timetable". University of Wollongong. 5 January 2015.
- "Route 2 timetable" (PDF). Premier Charters. 29 January 2013.
- "Northern District Timetable" (PDF). Premier Illawarra. 20 October 2013.
- "Figtree District Timetable" (PDF). Premier Illawarra. 20 October 2013.
- Free city shuttle buses Transport NSW Info